PDA

View Full Version : Video Observations

singlewiththree
27-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Do any of you do video observations? and if you do where do you store them and how would you document and show them?

angeldelight
27-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Not at the moment

But I have thought about it

I am hopeless at getting my photos developed or printed so was wondering if this was another option

Angel xx

Playmate
27-03-2009, 08:58 PM
This is something our NVQ Assessor suggested to us to make it easier to write up later in the day and afterwards have thought of down loading them onto a disk and storing them in a pocket of the Children's Learning Jounals.:idea:

singlewiththree
27-03-2009, 09:29 PM
This is something our NVQ Assessor suggested to us to make it easier to write up later in the day and afterwards have thought of down loading them onto a disk and storing them in a pocket of the Children's Learning Jounals.:idea:

Thats a good idea.

I've done them and they do show what the child is doing better than a photo but just couldn't see how to do it but putting them on a CD is a good idea.

Chatterbox Childcare
27-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Haven't done it but how many times would we say "no"?

huggableshelly
28-03-2009, 07:20 AM
not done it and wouldn't be able too for now as not got permission from one family.

Shar
28-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I have done a few video obs which were WOW moments that could not be captured in a photo. The latest one was a 22month old using a hoola hoop and he kept it spinning round his waist for ages!!!! I sent it to his mum and then put it on a disc which went in his learning journey along with written obs. I do have written permission for photos and short video clips to be used in obs.:thumbsup:

sunflower
28-03-2009, 01:39 PM

This is what i have started to do, :D

buildingblocks
02-04-2009, 01:06 PM
i have a new camera which has a video capacity for 15 mins so am goign to start doing these. I already store all photos on disk int he child's LJ so will just add the video clips on here as well. Parents can then save to computer each time they have the LJ at home. any that I feel are more momentous I email to parents

cher25
02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
I have thought about doing video obs more than photo's. I actually caught my 19 month old mindee saying daddy a lot and videod him to show dad that he does ask for him. I also caught him saying some words that i had been teaching him. (Kite, bag)lol Showed it to mam and dad and they said they want a copy, so have been and will continue to video a lot of thing's we do, if an ob occurs, then even better! Have told parent i will put it on dvd for them to have aswell. :) Although i now need to buy a bigger memory card solely for work.