PDA

View Full Version : Why do they do it...!!

nicole_kirsty
27-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Phone and arrange to come over and meet you and chat about what they want, then NOT turn up!!! RUDE PEOPLE!!!!

I had an enquiry last night, 17:30, i arranged for them to come over this afternoon and no show! No call, nothing! I called them and they didnt answer. I understand people change their mind but to not be curtious and let you know is sooooo rude! Mind you if they do that now, prob not the best people to have. My daughter and M mindee where sooo looking forward to meeting them! My mindee even 'show and tell' it at school today!

Never mind i'm sure there will be something else around the corner, just got to try to keep positive! second time this kind of thing has happened - last time they even had settling in and the mum decided it was too expensive and was going to give up work!! :angry:

Anyway, hope everyone elses day has gone well.
Nic xxx

estrelas
27-03-2009, 05:00 PM
sending hugs xxxx. i'd be pretty miffed too, :angry:
i've been lucky so far but i would be upset if it happened, your best off without!!!

suet
27-03-2009, 05:06 PM
I know just how you feel, had a mom ring me twice about school holiday cover, she cancelled 1st app. due to work commitment but never showed or phoned for the 2nd one. i was miffed too but i would never ring anyone back if they want me they will turn up and if they dont well they arent worth having anyway.
Good luck

Sue t

Willowdancer
27-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Yep, I've had several like that. Makes me really mad as I wouldn't dream of doing it to anybody!! :mad:

TheBTeam
27-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Me too, i used to phone, but have learn't that you get no where so don't bother wasting the cost of the phone call to the ignorant no shows. It is a pain when you go to the trouble of getting paperwork out and they don't bother to come.

I am now more surprised if they do turn up than if they don't.:laughing:

Polka Dots
27-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I made arrangements for a mum and child to visit me this week (first ever) and they didn't show up or ring. I was annoyed and disappointed but I think it's something we've got to get use to. :rolleyes:

Playmate
27-03-2009, 08:53 PM
I think its one of those initiation things! I had quite a few in the begining, but to be honest I haven't had a no show in a a couple of years. I used to also run a network marketing business and recruited people into my team, we used to have the same thing with that and I remember my upline saying to "you have to go through the 'Pond Life' first before you get to the good people" :laughing: Just don't let those people get you down, just shout "next please" and move on. Its hard at times but setting up any new business is the same. Just think POSSITIVE thoughts :clapping:

pinklady
27-03-2009, 10:11 PM
That's so rude!! It doesn't take much to make a phone call either but like you say, would you want to mind a child with parents like that?? A lucky escape me thinks:thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
27-03-2009, 10:35 PM
I am now more surprised if they do turn up than if they don't.:laughing:

Ditto! I won't even get out the paperwork etc till they are here now, nor do I go to any real trouble. I also won't chase them.

Miriam
29-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Its just so rude. I have had that happen twice as a nanny (which is what I am doing until I get myself registered). The first time a lady actually came over with her son and said she really wanted me to look after him at her house with my own two children (it was after school care) and she even met my kids who were really happy and thrilled about the whole idea. She said she definitely wanted me to have him, and would call me to arrange a start date, but never did even though I left her messages. I wasn't that bothered as it was going to be a bit of a faff with my own two, but my kids were so upset and it was really unfair. Then a few weeks ago, a lady wanted to interview me for some nanny work, and wanted me to go at a really inconvenient time which meant missing some time that I had promised to spend with my son - I tried to change the time but she wouldn't have it - I should have listened to my instinct and not bothered because I went, missing the time with my boy, and then she did not even have the decency to ring me or text or email to say I didnt get the job!!! Just sooooo rude!!!:angry: :angry:

TheBTeam
30-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Ditto! I won't even get out the paperwork etc till they are here now, nor do I go to any real trouble. I also won't chase them.

Had this today, firstly surprised when they turned up, went to minimum effort only got out portfolio, not contracts or stuff, they wanted to sign up there and then so then had to go and get it all!!! Sods law whichever way i do it is wrong:laughing:

Zoomie
30-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Had this today, firstly surprised when they turned up, went to minimum effort only got out portfolio, not contracts or stuff, they wanted to sign up there and then so then had to go and get it all!!! Sods law whichever way i do it is wrong:laughing:

:laughing: ***'s Law got you a contract signed :thumbsup:

Well done xx