PDA

View Full Version : monthly plan??

mushpea
27-03-2009, 04:07 PM
am trying to do a monthly plan but what do i need to include in it, i do a weekly plan which links what we do to the areas of learning .
so far i have put
week begining theme

is there anything else i need to add to this. do i even need to do a monthly plan, i do a weekly one and also do a yearly one but the yearly one i don't fill in yearly i do it every two months so at the moment we have planed for mach and april so this is as far as the yearly plan has got, can't plan further ahead as like to do themes acording to what the children like at the time.

Chatterbox Childcare
27-03-2009, 04:09 PM
I have a yearly plan of themes and I have a monthly plan showing 2 activities per week for this theme. I don't do weekly sheets and write on my monthly plan if things change, which is usually all the time. The rest of the month is left open for routines and child led activities

John
28-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I just do a weekly plan as i use to do a monthly plan but children come and go so i've stoped, as you planning is around children with different needs and age groups form the years of 0-5. And Ofsted was happy with me doing this as long as i got some ideas before the week starts. In the EYFS session i've been on we were told don't plan to far ahead as this are the targets for bigger settings like play groups, Perschools and nurserys etc. When i fist started i done a big year plann and within six months i had no under 5s so that was a waste of paper and time. My next week planning started today, but having a new child with a birthday coming up ill plan that tonight.

But if your happy doing this and have been told by ofsted you need to do this you will need to do it, but i always get it in writing what Ofsted says lol

John.

sarah707
29-03-2009, 07:30 AM
I have a yearly plan... then weekly.

The weekly is fed by interests, next steps, observations etc :D

Bex1
30-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi
ok I am still confused about plannng etc! I have set out a yearly plan and have now planned May (theme - opposites) but do I need to break this down weekly or is monthly ok?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarah707
30-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi
ok I am still confused about plannng etc! I have set out a yearly plan and have now planned May (theme - opposites) but do I need to break this down weekly or is monthly ok?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Break it down as you go through the days.

What a child likes one day might not interest him the next.

The Eyfs is all about flexibility :D