PDA

View Full Version : Filing

singlewiththree
26-03-2009, 02:27 PM
My local support worker came and looked at my paperwork and said I need to separate my observations from general pics/photos.

What I do at the moment is have one file for the child with their starting points, about me done by parent, then observations and inbetween general pics that got left behind that they have done and link them to the areas or photos. I personally feel its making work for myself having 2 folders of childrens work, what do you do?

Chatterbox Childcare
26-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I have one folder for each child but there are dividers in then. The obs are in one section and the general art etc are in another

sarah707
26-03-2009, 03:46 PM
My folder runs in date order... contains obs, assessments, next steps planning, children's artwork, photos ... everything for that month.

Remember, there is no right or wrong way of doing it.

If it works for you then it is right.

She is giving you general advice on her way of doing things... if you do not agree with her advice (and personally I don't) then leave things as they are.

The eyfs says you must show a progression of learning... how do you show a progression if the folder contents are all over the place?

Hth :D

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 03:47 PM
I have a learning journal with dividers for obs and planning for each child then a scrap book for craft etc with links to eyfs

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm going on the EYFS course tonight so will see what they recomend too

singlewiththree
26-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Sarah - do you have a list of the areas in the front and date when a development area is achieved? As that is also what she told me to do.

As for courses I would love to go on a course but as soon as the booklet comes out (I got mine 2 days later than everyone else) the courses are all booked and I'm on the reserve list for everything!

sarah707
26-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Sarah - do you have a list of the areas in the front and date when a development area is achieved? As that is also what she told me to do.

You have to be very careful it doesn't turn into a tick list... if you use any kind of list or dated list you must back up each one with evidence in the form of an written observation or photo...

I have sent a pm :D

buildingblocks
26-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Mine is like Sarah's and in date order so I have amonthly divider sheet then in date order Learning sheets and obs with thumbnails of the phtos I have taken that month at the end.

Remember your business you do it how you want they can only advise you on what is best in their eyes. Yo do what works for you

Shar
28-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Mine are just like Sarah's too. I put everything in for that week: photos, obs, next steps, art work and it just continues week by week like a diary.:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
28-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Same here. I would be really confused with the 6 I do if not!! :(

helenlc
28-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Mine just runs in date order as well.

John
28-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Mine are all in one big file from week to week and i know of a Osted worker see her from time to time and she was ok with me putting all the child's EYFS items in one file as it's easy for the inspector to look at instead of opening a lot of files to find things.

As your local support worker not hard of eviroment friendly keeping thing's to a minimum.

John