PDA

View Full Version : OMG she's coming today

Tammy
26-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Only had the call last night. I've only been actually minding for 3 weeks (had the little girl 6 times). I'm pretty sure my paperwork is up todate and all ok but worried about my lack of actual knowledge of the eyfs information. I know what I have to do and have checked that everything is done by reading the eyfs documents but if she asked me to quote info from the book I'd be stumped my memory is rubbish.

What should I have out? So far got my certificates showing courses done, all of my paperwork that parents have to see sign, policies and procedures, prospectus, risk assesment updated, obs file of my little girl with very little in it and only one example of her work. Anything else. She's coming at 11.30 so will check replies after school drops.

Haven't done SEF but too late now anyway.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please :-)

Thanks

Tammy

estrelas
26-03-2009, 09:26 AM
christ!!
You've been minding only three weeks? and they are coming arleady??:eek: :eek:

No advice sorry as i've only been registered three days!
Goodluck tho xxx

~Chelle~
26-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Good luck, just relax, you have only been minding 3 weeks so you are just beginning.

Hope it all goes well for you x

Pudding Girl
26-03-2009, 09:30 AM
crikey!

No advice as I am in Scotland and it's different but just relax if you can, they won't expect you after only 3 weeks to know everything!

Best of luck!!

angeldelight
26-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Oh well I think I know a fair bit but if asked on the spot I know for a fact my mind just goes blank so I would not worry if you do not remember everything

Just make sure you know basics like you know you have to have your risk ass done or you are going to be doing them for every room , and for outings etc

Parental responsiblity you need that now

Giving medication make sure you are aware that you need permission for that

Inclusion is also a big one

Your obs and daily diary and your learning journal
How you keep in constant contact with parents and how you always give them information and keep them up to date with your setting

You have been minding for 3 weeks so are not going to have everything in order - just let her know that you know what you have to do though and that you understand everything

Just a few things but I am sure you have everything under control

Heaps of good luck

Angel xx

Zoomie
26-03-2009, 09:33 AM
You've only been minding for three week, so what can the inspector honestly expect from you. You are still settling down, and getting to know your new mindee.

Anyway, just wanted to wish you well for the inspection.

happytotschildminding
26-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Hope all goes well with your inspection - let us know how you get on.
Carol

JOANNE
26-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Good luck,they can`t expect you to know it all yet, not after 3 weeks.
Hopefully you`ll get a nice inspector,all the best :thumbsup:

Shar
26-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Good luck, let us know how you get on.:thumbsup:

Demonjill
26-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Good luck with your inspection im sure you will be fine :thumbsup:

buildingblocks
26-03-2009, 08:15 PM
christ!!
You've been minding only three weeks? and they are coming arleady??:eek: :eek:

No advice sorry as i've only been registered three days!
Goodluck tho xxx

Someone I know had the visit on her second day of working