PDA

View Full Version : over 8's

estrelas
22-03-2009, 07:58 PM
I know we don't need to do EYFS on these, but Are Ofsted interested at all?
I intend to do a little bit with the one thats starting with me ( won't do loads as obviously she'll be in school all day)
But I'd like her to do her own scrap book, follow up stuff etc
I think I read on here Ofsted weren't interested in seeing this ??
( still gonna do it anyway):)

nicole_kirsty
22-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I've only had my pre-reg appointment - waiting for my first 6month visit but i heard that they like to see that you are doing it. Also my 6 y/old mindee loves doing it and posing for pic's with her art/craft work!!

Nic x

devoncm
As far as i understand it ofsted are interested in only under 8's more so if in the EYFS, obviously if anything happened to an over 8 i would think they are to know

sarah707
Ofsted do not inspect you on the older children, but there is no harm pushing a scrap book under their nose and saying look, see what I do :idea:

I have a book for older children and include photos they have taken themselves, their own notes about their time here etc. It's a nice thing to share with them :D

estrelas
22-03-2009, 08:10 PM
I think it will be nice too

Personally it will also get me a bit use to it all. :)

huggableshelly
22-03-2009, 08:23 PM
my over 8's all have scrapbooks too that they add to themselves, costs a fortune when they want to print out pics lol but still they love it so its worth it.

helenlc
23-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Following on from advice got from this site, I am going to do a scrap book for my older ones so I can show Ofsted that they do things too ie craft, outings etc.