PDA

View Full Version : Would this be acceptable?

theoldwoman
22-03-2009, 02:19 PM
I am trying desperatly to catch up with all the paperwork - no I don't think I have been lazy just not enough hours in the day!
Anyway I have done seven and the ones I have to do are children that come less than 10 hours a week. Obviously they do all the activities for EYFS with the others so I wondered if Ofsted would accept a joint plan etc for six children for whom I am not the main carer. I could do a scrapbook with photos to show what they can do. One little boy just comes for 2 hours twice a week and one for one day and every other Friday morning. Am I just clutching at straws or would this be acceptable. I am sure you will know Sarah!, thanks

Sue

Chatterbox Childcare
22-03-2009, 03:40 PM
You intiial plan could be for all but then you should be assessing where each child is and their interests and planning for their individual needs.

As long as you can show that the activity covers all that you are fine.

sarah707
22-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Eyfs is all about the unique child... while I have a photo album of us all having fun and meeting the Eyfs, to show each child's individual progression you need to write something about them in their own book / folder / scrap book etc.

You can keep it really simple though! A photo, a few words, ideas for next steps planning and a link to the Eyfs. If parents say anything, add that in, if other settings say anything (or child says things about being elsewhere) add that too... it will build up over time. A part timer needs a lot less paper than a full timer, but still needs their own paper trail.

Hth :D

theoldwoman
22-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Thank you Debbie & Sarah, I will try and find some small notebooks or something. I do the others in scrapbooks and it would look a bit lost!
Sue