PDA

View Full Version : safe place to put 1 year olds

marie33
21-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi, ive got my first inspection on tue and as ive got two (one is mine) that are just crawling any hints on what to do when putting one in the car etc . I havent got room for a playpen and i tend to leave mine playing while i sort mindee out but would this be ok , does it matter that its your child ur leaving unsupervised for a couple of minutes? Also what would ofsted say is acceptable to do with them when you are in the kitchen or nipping to the loo? I keep thinking of loads of things she could ask me i think im going mad :) ooh just thought of another , sorry:) if you are only planning on minding one child of a certain age do you still have to provide things for other ages or say what you would do with them for example the keys in the door thing does that matter because they are only crawling ? Thanks

FizzysFriends
21-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Do you have travel cots for them to sleep in? You could pop them in there with a toy when you popped to the loo, or strap them into the highchair.

Pudding Girl
21-03-2009, 01:22 PM
You could use highchair or travel cot or pushchair as a safe place to put them if needed.

They won't expect you to have toys for every age group esp as you say if you are concentrating on littlies, won't expect you to have stuff for upto 12 yrs etc.

Good luck!

youarewhatyoueat
21-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I have 2 1 year olds and I always put them in the double buggy to take them out to the car it gives me time to think,get everything together for the outing,purse,nappys etc. and then I put the buggy in the boot.