PDA

View Full Version : Holiday

Mrs M
20-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I am a little confused! I have basically agreed with one set of parents that I'll only take my holidays during school hols as dad is a teacher. Well, I charge them half fee for six weeks' holidays that they take, I charge nothing for my holidays. However, they're actually going away in April so I've booked a week off too. Should I still charge them half fee as they're away or nothing as I'm booking week off?

Jules12Wed
20-03-2009, 05:12 PM
I charge my term time only one half fee for all holidays, regardless of if I am away or not, as far as I see it is she's not here up to me if I work or not.

Daftbat
20-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I have a basic rule - if i am available and working they pay, if i'm not available they don't

FizzysFriends
20-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I'd go with who booked it first, if they've booked a week off and you happen to go away that week they should pay as if you weren't on hols.

Mrs M
20-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Thank you. It is a little confusing really isn't it?! Well, they did book their holiday first so I've just taken the week as a break, I'm not actually going anywhere. Difficult decision to make as I obviously won't be charging the other parents for that week as they'll need to find alternative childcare. Thanks again.

maple
20-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I say if I am on holiday and not available then they don't pay. So I wouldn't charge especially as you are not charging the other parents.

claireLouise
20-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Hiya, I agree with the earlier post if I am not available I don't charge, however I charge full fees if I am available and they have additional holidays.

Claire

wendywu
20-03-2009, 11:47 PM
My term time only pay half in school holidays. Ans seeing that they get 13 weeks a year at half, they pay this even if i am away during school holidays.:)

huggableshelly
21-03-2009, 07:03 AM
thats why I stick to the old school method of only charging for hours booked in, my hols are fee free and parents are fee free if they give me 4 wks notice.