PDA

View Full Version : Mothering Sunday

rickysmiths
19-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Has anyone else made their Simnel Cake ready to take to their mum on Mothering Sunday 22nd March?

My mum used to love her Simnel Cake we all love marzipan in our family.

sarah707
20-03-2009, 07:54 AM
I can't make cake, it always goes wrong!

I have sent my mum a nice box of chocolates and a card though!

She's eaten the chocs already :rolleyes: :laughing:

flora
20-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Too far away for me :(

Have sent a card and arranged with my sis a present etc.

Have sent mil flowers and a card.

Only a token gesture we don't go ott on Mothering Sunday.

Just enough to let them know we care :thumbsup:

avril
20-03-2009, 01:54 PM
We're are all caked out as it was my little boys birthday this wk and with his birthday and party being on different days and a toddler group on his actual birthday as well he had THREE cakes!!!:eek: So I think we will give cake a rest for now and have chocolate instead :laughing: :laughing:

Boots vouchers for my Mum so my fussy mum can choose her own toiletries as she changes brands that often!!!

Daftbat
20-03-2009, 01:59 PM
My mum hates marzipan. and is diabetic too so no cake just a lovely bunch of flowers being delivred tomorrow as i am far away.

rickysmiths
20-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Oh we have a great time at this time of year for cakes. Its my birthday this week, our 20th wedding anniversary the week after next and the Easter!!!! I love chocolates as well:blush: :clapping:

buildingblocks
20-03-2009, 08:17 PM
I wish I could give my mum what she wants for Mothers Day - a visit from my :censored: brother.

SHe rang him last week to say were they coming across this weekend as I had invited them all up for a buffet lunch along with Gary's mum and Dad who is 70 on Sunday as well. Gary's mum and dad turned us down and brother rang last night to tell mum they won't be coming across to see her as SIL is working Saturday morning and it isn't worth coming across to see her for an hour (They live an hours drive away). I wouldn't mind but they have been across four times since we lost Dad.

So we are going to take her out to a National Trust Property or something similar and treat her to lunch out

hope you all have a lovely day with your children

rickysmiths
21-03-2009, 03:16 PM
I wish I could give my mum what she wants for Mothers Day - a visit from my :censored: brother.

SHe rang him last week to say were they coming across this weekend as I had invited them all up for a buffet lunch along with Gary's mum and Dad who is 70 on Sunday as well. Gary's mum and dad turned us down and brother rang last night to tell mum they won't be coming across to see her as SIL is working Saturday morning and it isn't worth coming across to see her for an hour (They live an hours drive away). I wouldn't mind but they have been across four times since we lost Dad.

So we are going to take her out to a National Trust Property or something similar and treat her to lunch out

hope you all have a lovely day with your children

Thats lovely and you have a super day. It is a shame for your mum about your brother but at least she will be with you.

Unfortunately my Mum passed away 141/2 years ago. 2 days after my son was born, she did meet him and have a lovely cuddle. :)
We will be spending the day with my MIL, she is taking us all out to lunch 2morrow, we will be celebraing Mothering Sunday, my Birthday (29th), and our 20th (where did those years go!) Wedding Anniversary (1st April, really!) I have known my MIL for nearly 28 years now and she is like a second mum and is a great granny. :jump for joy:

manjay
21-03-2009, 03:20 PM
My Mum is in Spain so we will have to make do with a Skype conversation in the morning:( MIL is a bit strange so will pack dh off to see her on his own;) and I will spend the day with my 3 lovely children:clapping:

buildingblocks
21-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Thats lovely and you have a super day. It is a shame for your mum about your brother but at least she will be with you.

Unfortunately my Mum passed away 141/2 years ago. 2 days after my son was born, she did meet him and have a lovely cuddle. :) :

My thoughts are with all of you who will have to 'celebrate' tomorrow without your mum. I cannot imagine how I will cope when I lose her much as she drives me mad at times. I am aware I probably haven't too many years left with her and intend to make the most of them my brother is the one who will lose out in the long run as he won't have the memories I do. (hope that makes sense)