PDA

View Full Version : So I am looking after a 5 year old......

Bitsy Beans
17-03-2009, 08:08 PM
...before and after school. I understand I have to do EYFS on her until 31st August. My question is what sort of obs and planning can I do with a 5 year old who's only with me for a few hours each day?
Any suggestions? Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
17-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Work on the healthy aspect side. The school are doing the other bits off CLL and PSRN so go with the PD, CD and PSRN

Bitsy Beans
17-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Work on the healthy aspect side. The school are doing the other bits off CLL and PSRN so go with the PD, CD and PSRN

By healthy aspect do you mean diet/nutrition/exercise?

Sorry being dense. Had a banging headache today and feel drained after my meeting with the mum this afternoon. Think all the tension of the day is catching up with me!

sarah707
17-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Look at what the child does with you...

Eating / resting / playing games / using the toilet and hand washing etc...

There are lots of links to the Eyfs that you can note already.

Then you work with the other setting to complement the experiences she has there, so maybe give her a place to read her school books or lots of mark making if she enjoys doing that.

Bitsy Beans
17-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks for that :clapping:

SandCastles
24-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Look at what the child does with you...

Eating / resting / playing games / using the toilet and hand washing etc...

There are lots of links to the Eyfs that you can note already.

Then you work with the other setting to complement the experiences she has there, so maybe give her a place to read her school books or lots of mark making if she enjoys doing that.

Thanks Sarah - just searched for help asw I also have a 5 year old for 2 hours a day, who doesn't seem to want to do anything than watch TV and do role play. I thought my obs would be very limited but you have opened my eyes to all sorts of things to write. Thanks again Bitsy Bean for bringing up this subject.