PDA

View Full Version : Sods Law!

Beckieboo
17-03-2009, 05:26 PM
hi guys, i am soooo stressed, i now have a migraine! I have my pre reg visit tomorrow, my joiner let me d and down sunday and didnt finish my skirting and architrave, my plumber to fit bathroom sink, and new toilet not coming till weekend, and this was all supposed to be done!! the only thing i am happy with is all my paperwork! I have done an action plan for all the jobs to finish downstairs, do you think think this will be ok? I am just cleaning now and making the best of a bad situation, it was supposed to be finished!!

Anyway sorry to go on folks, just so frustrated and stressed!!

Will let you know how it goes!! :(

xx

Bitsy Beans
17-03-2009, 05:34 PM
I am sure it will be fine. As long as you can demonstrate that you understand what needs doing I am sure they will see past what isn't complete.
I know it's hard but please calm down. It will only make your migraine worse and you don't want to be cleaning and tidying whilst feeling awful.

Good luck for tomorrow :)

Daftbat
17-03-2009, 05:55 PM
I agree with Bitsy Beans.

Sure it will be fine - take a deep breath and blind them with all the stuff thats perfect!:thumbsup:

misst104
17-03-2009, 06:00 PM
When my pre-reg inspector called me to arange the visit she said that they were not expecting everything to be ready and for you to be able to start minding then and there, as long as you had done risk assessments and could tell them exactly what needed doing then that would be o.k.

I'm sure that it will be fine. I would just relax if poss and have a sit (or lie) down. Whats not done now won't get done so don't worry any more.

The only thing I would say is to have your 'preparing for your visit' handbook filled in as all the questions you will be asked are in that exact format.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Hope the migrine eases off :)

Chatterbox Childcare
17-03-2009, 07:38 PM
hi guys, i am soooo stressed, i now have a migraine! I have my pre reg visit tomorrow, my joiner let me d and down sunday and didnt finish my skirting and architrave, my plumber to fit bathroom sink, and new toilet not coming till weekend, and this was all supposed to be done!! the only thing i am happy with is all my paperwork! I have done an action plan for all the jobs to finish downstairs, do you think think this will be ok? I am just cleaning now and making the best of a bad situation, it was supposed to be finished!!

Anyway sorry to go on folks, just so frustrated and stressed!!

Will let you know how it goes!! :(

xx

Just do a quick risk assessment on the work to be carried out and a date when it will be completed. This will show an action plan and that you have thought about it.

Beckieboo
18-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey guys,
Well wot on earth was i worrying about?? :) She arrived at 9.45 am and was gone by 11.30am. It was straightforward, showed her my action plan, risk assessments, etc explained the works to be done and then we went through all the various areas!! Thoroughly enjoyed it and glad it's ova for now!! lol:)

Thankyou so much for all your pearls of wisdom, you are great!!:clapping:

amirose
18-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Really glad it went well, well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Hope the migrane has gone.

chewy sweets
18-03-2009, 06:20 PM
God you do sound stressed!!! I don't think it will be a problem just as long as they can see that these jobs are going to be done!
Relax and good luck i'm sure everything will go great!!!!:laughing:

Jen4Kids
18-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Glad it all went ok for you :D

Zoomie
18-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Glad to hear it all worked out :)