PDA

View Full Version : ICP course

lishylee
04-02-2008, 06:30 PM
hi what does this course involve do you do exams ect in it i start mine on thursday just wanted to know what il be doing :rolleyes: as im there all day thanks leanne

littlestar
04-02-2008, 07:45 PM
my icp course was nightly and after it finished i had to sit a exam multible question sheet had to get something like 18 out of 27 hope thats the one you are talking about.

Cheeky Chops
04-02-2008, 09:08 PM
hi!! My course was a 12 week course 2 hours a week on a monday night. each night covered something different, then at the end of it you do a multiple choice test like the above post! we had lots of hand outs so i would advise you to get a massive folder!!! i also took a notebook but found i didnt use it much as it was more general discussion rather than note taking!! i really enjoyed the course and worried like mad for the test, but in the end it was no problem!!!

im sure you will love it!! x x

lishylee
04-02-2008, 09:20 PM
thanks for the replys im starting mine on thursday its a 5 week course every thursday for 5 weeks im there 9.30 - 2.30 and last week 9.00-4.00 long days which im not looking forward to but got to be done im just really dreading leaving my little boy all day i havent left him that long before
thanks again
leanne

Cheeky Chops
04-02-2008, 09:30 PM
your welcome! Im sure your little boy will be ok, you will just have to make up for it by giving him a million kisses and cuddles after your course! xx

Mollymop
06-02-2008, 11:21 AM
My Icp course was once a week term time only. It was slightly boring but you will get to meet lots of other people.
You get a test at the end which isn't too difficult.

Good luck X

jmoff
06-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Our one was on two saturdays, i think 6 hours each.we had to sit an exam after sitting there for 6 hours...lovely :mad:

Sandie
06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Mine was held in the local college one day a week from 9.00 - 3.00 for three weeks, had lots of handouts and a great lecturer ended with a multiple question exam nothing to worry about at all.

Good luck with yours

~Sandie~

squiggle
06-02-2008, 08:16 PM
mine was over 8 weeks with two hours on a monday night.

i had to do an assignment/essay at the end not a multiple test. its strange how different counties do it differently

Jen x

allinatiz
06-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Mine was 6 weeks long, 1 evening a week for 3 1/2 hours. We were given a folder, pens, even a tax disc holder! They briefly covered most things, but after reading on here I think they didn't explain enough about policies and procedures, or maybe I'd just fallen asleep by then ;) I didn't do a test at the end of mine, which puzzled me after reading some of the threads on here. I just assumed that it was a standard course and didn't realise that they differed from county to county.

Ooops, forgot to add...good luck!