PDA

View Full Version : Selling to Yourself

shelly04
16-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading loads of threads with regards to selling your own childs toys to yourself and making out a receipt, this might sound daft but does anyone know if Scottish childminding accepts this?

Shelly

x

miffy
16-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Isn't it the tax office - the items would be claimed as expenses?

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Sorry missed this earlier in the week.

Unless Scotland has a different set of laws to England I would say yes but if unsure speak to the IR

huggableshelly
18-03-2009, 08:27 AM
I read this as selling yourself giggles

that isnt part of being a childminder!

not very helpful this morning lol sorry!

Pauline
18-03-2009, 08:59 AM
I read this as selling yourself giggles

that isnt part of being a childminder!

not very helpful this morning lol sorry!

Me too huggy so you are not on your own!! I thought it was going to be a thread about how to advertise that had been put in the wrong section :laughing:

huggableshelly
18-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Me too huggy so you are not on your own!! I thought it was going to be a thread about how to advertise that had been put in the wrong section :laughing:

lol soooo glad it wasnt just me!

brillminder
18-03-2009, 09:47 AM
i think i would be too expensive to buy sorry, but yes i cannot see why just make a receipt, i often have brought toys from my children then they can put cash toward another item and were all happy.

FizzysFriends
18-03-2009, 09:49 AM
I read it as selling yourself too, lol

huggableshelly
18-03-2009, 10:27 AM
i think i would be too expensive to buy sorry, but yes i cannot see why just make a receipt, i often have brought toys from my children then they can put cash toward another item and were all happy.

lol I would have to pay myself to buy myself making a huge loss along the way!

Allie
19-03-2009, 07:06 PM
i keep a small receipt book for all small second hand items including toys bought from family

Allie

TheBTeam
19-03-2009, 07:09 PM
i just write iit into my accounts, i don't have any inclination to waste a rainforest writing a piece of paper to myself!!:rolleyes: :D

Playmate
20-03-2009, 07:12 PM
lol soooo glad it wasnt just me!

I read it the same too! I'm sure a pyscologist would have something to say about this, but lets not go there!!:laughing:

huggableshelly
20-03-2009, 09:39 PM
I read it the same too! I'm sure a pyscologist would have something to say about this, but lets not go there!!:laughing:

lol Sally we really need to meet up again sometime, with no desks and whiteboards too lol