PDA

View Full Version : Help Please - Pre Reg Questionnaire

leilap
16-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Im trying to fill this questionnaire out but am stuck on question 23;

If you are a Child Minder registering on the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register, how do the staffing arrangements differ for each and how will you manage this if you work with any assistants?

For love nor money I cannot find out anything thats says the ratios differ, am I wrong?

I wont be working with any assistants but better include this just in case they require it.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks in advance

Lx

Zoomie
17-03-2009, 01:57 AM
Hiya, I started working on mine today :) , anyhow you must be further along as I haven't come across that question yet, i'm on #18.

just had a quick noisey and think you should be looking at pg 49 onwards ...

also early years reg is for 0-5y (allowed max 3) whilst chilcare reg is for 5+y

hths

leilap
17-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I did start mine a while ago but for some strange reason we are not doing it in order.

I did look at pg49 onwards but havent really grasped it. I know what the ratios are and which register is for which age group but unsure why staffing arrangements would differ in the EYR and OCR other than for having more children.

Got my blonde head on I think, ive been up to my eyes in EYFS for too long and my brain has turned to mush:eek:

Tjanks for you help though and good luck with yours

Lx

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Im trying to fill this questionnaire out but am stuck on question 23;

If you are a Child Minder registering on the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register, how do the staffing arrangements differ for each and how will you manage this if you work with any assistants?

For love nor money I cannot find out anything thats says the ratios differ, am I wrong?

I wont be working with any assistants but better include this just in case they require it.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks in advance

Lx

Sounds like this is aimed at a nursery. I would just say that the ratio's would not change under your current practice and if you decide to have an assitant you will speak to Ofsted for guidance as to numbers and plan accordingly to all children's level of ability and stage of development.