PDA

View Full Version : help with EYFS!!!!!!!!!!!

kelloggs13
16-03-2009, 09:57 AM
hiya im new so if this is in the wrong place i'll apologise now.
does any one know what this means? accommodate childrens specific religious or cultural beliefs relating to particular forms of art or methods of representation.

im doing a course and we have to write about this and i really dont get it!:panic:

sarah707
16-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Little one is asleep so here goes...

Inclusion is all about accomodating children's / families beliefs - so you ask them what they believe / how they want their child to be treated when with you. Then you jump through whatever hoops are necessary to care for their child. These may relate to covering their hair / bodies (Muslim), not relating to religious festivals from other religions when the child is with you (Jehovah's Witness), the type of food you prepare (no pork for certain religious groups), no meat for other families (vegan or vegetarian), how you combine foods at meal times (Jews) etc. Remember that not all families are as strict in their observances as others, so always ask if you are not sure.

Particular forms of art / representations - I am not sure about this but would assume it relates to the way you represent different religions / cultures and have lots of multicultural and diverse resources available. Also how you store them and treat them with respect. You might want to clarify this with your tutor.

Which course are you doing? :D

Pauline
16-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Particular forms of art / representations - I am not sure about this but would assume it relates to the way you represent different religions / cultures and have lots of multicultural and diverse resources available. Also how you store them and treat them with respect. You might want to clarify this with your tutor.

Which course are you doing? :D

I'd take it to mean things like henna painting on hands and other such cultural art and how you would help children to understand particular forms of art within their own and other cultures. Representing it positively and well researched.

kelloggs13
19-03-2009, 09:38 AM
thank you both, its been doing my head in why do they write things so complicated! when i first read this i thought they were maning that some art forms were offending to some religions whith how it sounds, but the more i read it the more confused i got! lol
im doing the transistion award in childcare and education whta is more or less same as level 3 i think but not as many units but the units are much more in depth! :)