PDA

View Full Version : Mother days ideas

Tracey1
16-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Hiya

Has anyone got any idea for making for mother days, really stuck other than cards.

Thanks Tracey

Eileen322
16-03-2009, 03:00 PM
My children are doing T-shirt printing and then giving them to their mums as a present for mother's day. I bought cheap white t-shirts from Primark and bought some fabric paint. They will be making cards too:)
Lol
Eileen x

OrlandoBelle
16-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Mine have been painting flower pots today. Also making cards and picking daffodils from the garden to give.

I also got some mini foil balloons from the Card Factory today for 49p each. They have Best Mum on them and are going to stick them in the flower pot once planted. x

Andrea08
16-03-2009, 04:13 PM
well not sure yet we were doing cards with flowers ,
****** have some gr8 ideas
but im thinkng chocolates in a decorated pouch with ribbons etc

helenlc
16-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Home made chocolates in a decorated box from Hobby Craft.

Plus the card too.

Star
16-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi we are changing colour of white carnations. So an experiment then a gift.
star:)

bexcee
05-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi we are changing colour of white carnations. So an experiment then a gift.
star:)

How are you doing that? Food colouring in the water??

Denise r
05-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Mine have been painting flower pots today. Also making cards and picking daffodils from the garden to give.

I also got some mini foil balloons from the Card Factory today for 49p each. They have Best Mum on them and are going to stick them in the flower pot once planted. x

Hi Aimie

What sort of paint do you use to paint pots? :panic: I am presuming they are terracotta pots?

Many Thanks

Denise:)

Johanna
05-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Making heart shapes with cookie cutters out of moulding clay. Can get it at most craft shops. Make a hole with pencil top of heart if you like and tread ribbon through. It can then be hang somewhere if they like. Once the clay is dry it can be painted.

Canvas painting.

Truffles making - presented in basket or bowl made and painted by children. Can use clay to make bowl.

Just a few ideas that worked before.

huggableshelly
05-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I've bought 100 recycle plantpots, they are like a cardboard mesh from homebase

last year we used them to paint then plant a daf bulb in

this year we have covered them in tissue paper, added a lolly stick with a foam bug (dragon fly butterfly etc) then decorated the outside of the covered pot with stickers and gems ....... this makes a cool pen holder or nicnack holder.

playdoh hearts was fun too, home made doh then baked till hard and painted
the older mindees wrote a message on theirs before baking

Gizmo
05-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I got some Mothers day photo frames from Poundstore they have got loads of different things in, I picked up a few easter ideas as well

Heaven Scent
05-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I got tonnes of terracotta flowerpots from freecycle last year and another mindder and myself are going to get the mindees to wash, paint and plant them up with some sort of seasonal plant from another minders husbands garden nursery.

We will just use normal ready mix paint and seal it with PVA glue.

sandy64
06-03-2010, 09:37 AM
ive decided to make heart biscuits, and bought some cheap wooden photo frames from ikea and lo are decorating with gems and then just add a photo. of lo, then thanks to someone on here making teapot card.:) yet to decide easter gifts