PDA

View Full Version : Claimable Expenses

Chatterbox Childcare
15-03-2009, 05:49 PM
As the end of the tax year is looming I am attaching my list of expenses which I use.

Please note that you cannot claim mileage and depreciation on your car.

These expenses are for assistance only and have not been sanctioned by the IR.

Anyone else got a list like this as there will be loads missing.

Anyone want it in excel, please pm me

rickysmiths
15-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Thank you for sharing that Debbie. Very comprehensive! I can't add to it.

sarah707
15-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Thank you for sharing Debbie!

This is a good thread as well -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2734

her8y
15-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for sharing. I had missed loads.:blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
15-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Can do the excel spreadsheet now too incase you want to sort in different order

beerheaven
15-03-2009, 10:37 PM
That's really useful.
Thanks Debbie :)

fucshia
15-03-2009, 11:29 PM
That is very helpful. Thank you for sharing it. I have not started childminding yet but almost there waiting for crb checks.It lists so much i wouldn't have thought of listing it will be a big help when I start.

huggableshelly
16-03-2009, 07:40 AM
thanks Debbie

the only thing I've done wrong is not kept itemised phonecall listing but I have my monthly bills so can go through them all.

only thing is i like to keep childminding bills in one place and house bills in another so thinking maybe not to claim it or to photocopy and hold double paperwork.

decissions decissions just when I thought I was on top of it all lol

miffy
16-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Thank you Debbie - I'll have a look at it later

Miffy xx

donnadoo2004200
16-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks Debbie thats great:clapping:

TheBTeam
16-03-2009, 01:49 PM
hi, do you think I can claim for the willow screening to increase my fence height, i want to put in my backgarden fencing for privacy when using the garden a lot with minding children as i will be walking about a lot more than when i relax there on my own!!

Chatterbox Childcare
16-03-2009, 02:19 PM
hi, do you think I can claim for the willow screening to increase my fence height, i want to put in my backgarden fencing for privacy when using the garden a lot with minding children as i will be walking about a lot more than when i relax there on my own!!

Does the current height keep the children in and is it safe? If the answer is yes then you cannot claim but the IR will say that any replacement should be like for like.

TheBTeam
16-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Does the current height keep the children in and is it safe? If the answer is yes then you cannot claim but the IR will say that any replacement should be like for like.

we did have some up but it aged and needed replacing as it was falling down and splitting and therefore needs replacing, so technically we are replacing like for like.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2009, 08:21 AM
we did have some up but it aged and needed replacing as it was falling down and splitting and therefore needs replacing, so technically we are replacing like for like.

The garden needs to be safe for the mindees so yes claim it all

uf353432
20-03-2009, 07:54 PM
If you have a mobile which you use soley for Childminding can you put the monthly cost of the tariff through?

I have a PAYG at the moment - but in order to get itemised billing or even a recept would need to get a contract - but only if I can claim through the business.

If I keep a PAYG how can I show I have paid an amount to top up - and I don't think I can get get itemised bills from it....hmmmmm. anyone know?

TheBTeam
20-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I used to have payg which i only ever received incoming calls on, i used it for childminding for some time, but was always worried that i would run out of credit when a really important issue came up and in the panic i would not be able to remember the details or have time to add credit. For this reason i changed to a contract phone and claim all of the contract cost (it includes free texts and minutes and free calls between me and cm hubby), my logic is i would be happy with a payg to receive calls if i wasn't cm'ing. I need to be able to get hold of parents, regular arrange outings and get advice from cm colleagues and don't really use it for any personal calls, (life revolves around childminding!!). I don't claim my home phone for any childminding calls then don't feel so bad if there is an odd personal one on my mobile. I would go for a suitable contract and claim it all:thumbsup:

uf353432
20-03-2009, 08:20 PM
thanks for that :)

LNena
22-03-2009, 03:01 PM
thank you Debbie, Very good!!!!

Carol
22-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks for sharing, cant believe another tax year nearly ending!!!!!

Carol

Chatterbox Childcare
06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Also just been told that if you are registered as a food provder then claim the cost of having your oven cleaned too