PDA

View Full Version : Hands Up...who else LIKES EYFS?

nannymcflea
13-03-2009, 10:35 AM
I have to say now my head is in gear with this set up I find it sooooo much easier to do obs and planning, I feel like I have something to work to that makes sense...unlike Birth to Three matters that I never got my head around!...:(

I won't say I understand all the bits that go with it but the basics are fab.:)

am I just an anorak or does anyone else prefer it too?

Princess Sara
13-03-2009, 11:05 AM
I still only pre-reg but the though of EYFS and all the new standards has not put me off at all. I think it's better because it makes us more proffessional, and it is helping get the best out of what you do with children to help them grow. It'll be a pain having to do so much paperwork, but surely it'll be rewarding too, right? That's what I'm hoping anyways.

huggableshelly
13-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I like the learning goals that are set out withthe flexibility of still doing my own things with the children but I dont like the additional paperwork, I am booked on EYFS on 26th march so hoping it will help me reduce paperwork more. I have reduced a bit through tips in this forum and no longer sitting writings long obs.

Planning its interesting it takes me bk to being in a nursery but more individual to each child, luckily I only have one preschooler and 2 recepetion children so individual planning isnt too hard for now.

sarah707
13-03-2009, 11:26 AM
I love it! it makes soooo much more sense than the other stuff I've used over the years.

I just wish someone had run some of the wording past normal people though before it went live. I think that's what puts people off. Once they have it explained in English you can almost see the lightbulb coming on. :D

sue m
13-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Wish I had a light bulb!!!! :(

singlewiththree
13-03-2009, 11:35 AM
:) I like it too it basically just puts to paper what we were already doing but gives you more ideas of what a child could achieve. Its a fluid system rather than am X must be doing this by this age and I love this.

Mouse
13-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I much prefer it. It took me a while to get my paperwork in order, but now it is, it all runs smoothly and easily. I think it makes planning a lot easier.

Mouse
x

Rasharoon
13-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Wish I had a light bulb!!!! :(
You are not alone!

tammerisk
13-03-2009, 12:23 PM
i personaly love the eyfs it gives me a starting point and shows that the work i do is not just made up and now having done the planning part of the nvq 3 at college on wed i now understand how to write it all down and show progression and everything so i really pleased i can show i do my job properly now

Daftbat
13-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I am happier now that i have found out how to get it to work for me. I like feeling more professional about how things run and its been worth all the work to get my last inspection grade, however, i still think that some of the educational elements of it are more than is required as a minder. I don't think we actually need to be on exactly the same regime as schools and nurseries - there should be some variation to accomodate us minders.

I am sure that the goal posts will be changed again at some point and we have to hope that our voices are heard eventually. In the meantime it works for me at the moment albeit i feel i am constantly working even after the kids have gone. Its definitely better than Birth to Three!

Helen79
13-03-2009, 12:44 PM
I've only ever worked from the birth to 3 which I prefer but probably only cos I did the training course so understood it better.

The EYFS planning & obs are pretty much the same as the Birthto3, just different wordings so I'm happy with that. I like doing the obs as it gives the parent's opportunity to see what their children are dong while they're here.

Still got to get my head round the rest of it but will get there eventually :)

tigger
13-03-2009, 02:58 PM
I must admit I'm still waiting for the light bulb to go on and believe me I can't wait. I'm finding it really hard to look after a young family, the housework and keep on top of everything. Mind you when that light bulb goes on it is going to be light Blackpool illuminations!! and I can't wait.:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
13-03-2009, 04:56 PM
It is dead easy now it is all in place. This took a while but ping I am there

cherry
13-03-2009, 05:07 PM
I've got my light bulb, it's called Sarah 707:laughing:

Chanelle
13-03-2009, 05:32 PM
I love the EYFS ... I work in a nursery during the mornings and worked there full time before i had my son who is now 2... When I was full time I was deputy supervisor so I was the main person to initially set up the planning observations and assessments so I did this the best as I could with the framework as it was then Foundation Stage ... there was no birth to 3 matters then so when that came in put a spanner in the works for me... It was so confusing and I could never fatham it out.... When the EYFS was introduced I jumped for joy to the fact that all children in the nursery would work from the same book !! Make transitions to the nursery pre-school much easier.

I still love it and understand it much better than B-3 Matters :)

manjay
13-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I think its fab!!! Even better that I don't have to follow it:laughing:

wellybelly
13-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I love it too, I am glad its one pack now and I have systems in place which work well for me.