PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day craft from a 6mth old

Celtic Star
12-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Any ideas as to what I can make from the 6mth old I look after for his mum?

OrlandoBelle
12-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Someone on here did a lovely canvas for mindees mum with a painted handprint for the flower and footprints for the leaves. There is a thread on it on here somewhere (sorry I can't remember who it was that did it!) Don't know if this would work with a 6 month old.....I haven't looked after one for 9 years!:(

avril
12-03-2009, 01:30 PM
That would be great for my 12mnth mindee who is tiny and does not seem to ever have done any kind of activity ever.
Thankyou :thumbsup:

LeeAnn
12-03-2009, 01:34 PM
my DD was 3 months when it was Fathers day for the first time so we did salt dough handprints. Hubby loved them

here is similar to what I did http://crafts.kaboose.com/dough-handprints.html

I poked a hole in the top with a pencil and threaded a ribbon through to tie it with

x x x x

son77
12-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I bought a clay hand/foot print set when I had a 6 mth old, was only a couple of pound from wilko's & came with a little stand too. Mum nearly cried!

Painting hand prints can be a bit tricky at that age, trying to either get them to keep still or even open their hands!

Could do some nice foot prints with a poem?

miss mopple
12-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Someone on here did a lovely canvas for mindees mum with a painted handprint for the flower and footprints for the leaves. There is a thread on it on here somewhere (sorry I can't remember who it was that did it!) Don't know if this would work with a 6 month old.....I haven't looked after one for 9 years!:(

it was me :D The baby I did it with was 8mths and it worked really well :thumbsup:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dudqhu.jpg

venus89
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I m,ind a 9 month old - I gave him a plate of glue and a flowerpot and let him cover the flowerpot in paint - it's not the artiest thing but we're sticking a flower in it and I hope Mum will be chuffed as he did it all himself.

son77
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Thats lovely xxx

hectors house
13-03-2009, 01:25 PM
I have got a 10 months old and a 12 month old - we are going to do paint handprint with a poem about handprints all over the house (you know the one I mean -I need to google it again) put in a clip frame from the pound shop.

Older ones are going to make choc sweets and put in "best mum in the world" cup £1 each in Asda - as they did handprint poems 2 years ago and hand painted plant pots with primrose in last year - I run out of ideas.