PDA

View Full Version : Policies for parents

Buzz Lightyear
11-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Which ones do parents need to have signed a copy of?

Got a parent coming to sign a contract tomorrow so need to have them ready. I've got a massooooooooooof folder with all my P&P's in and there is no way she needs a copy of all of those! I used a tree printing them off for my setting so dont want to be doing the same again for parents each time.

brillminder
11-03-2009, 09:12 PM
check what ones are mentioned in eyfs as needed good luck

misst104
11-03-2009, 09:16 PM
The inspector who came here on Monday said she would recommend letting the parents read through the p&P's on the visit and then have a form which says ' I have been shown and have read through and agree to the policies and procedures set out by my childminder........' and then just get the 1 signature. Although they all sound like they have diffrent agendas don't they so don't really know whats best.

Good Luck for tomorrow hum. Let us know how you get on. Is it the little portugese boy???

x

sarah707
11-03-2009, 09:17 PM
i have all of mine in a display folder for parents to access at any convenient time if they wish.

I also offer them on CD but parents have yet to take me up on that one.

Good luck tomorrow! :D

rickysmiths
11-03-2009, 11:08 PM
I give all my parents a paper copy of all my policies in a folder for them to keep.
They also get a copy of my latest Ofsted Report, a copy of the consents and premissions form, a copy of the contract, a copy of my public lib insurance cert and a copy of the child info form.

I recently asked all my parents if they would prefer to have the info on a disc when it is next up dated and they unanomously said NO!

Chatterbox Childcare
11-03-2009, 11:10 PM
I don't give paper copies as they can change and would cost a fortune in money and time to replicate and distribute.

I would show them to the parents and ask them to sign a list of policies inclusive with dates and version numbers.

angeldelight
12-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't give paper copies as they can change and would cost a fortune in money and time to replicate and distribute.

I would show them to the parents and ask them to sign a list of policies inclusive with dates and version numbers.

Same here

I bet most would forget where they put them or throw them in the bin anyway haha

Good luck today

Angel xx