PDA

View Full Version : Weight Problems

katieandyjess
10-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi all i'm new to this site and it seems great!!

I wanted to some advice i am just at the start of registering and i am worried about the health form i need to fill out. The problem is i am about 5 stone over weight and worried that they will refuse to register me - i am currently on a diet and have lost a stone since giving birth to my baby - my aim is to stick to the diet and loose as much as i can. I have no other medical problems at all and i am very active. Has anyone heard of anyone being turned down for this reason or is anyone the same and have been accepted?

Kind Regards

Katie x:

sue m
10-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi Katie and welcome. As far as I know, no-one has ever been refused because of their weight, I'm sure you won't be. I'm 13 st and joined weight watchers last night and according to the book I got, my ideal weight is between 8st 1lb and 11 stone something or other. I'm sure if I lost 4 stone I'd looked really drawn and haggared. I honestly don't think you have to worry but someone will come along and let you know besides me. :D

SimplyLucy
10-03-2009, 03:08 PM
You'll be fine, you have no other medical conditions so there won't be a problem.

I'm about 8/9 stone over weight, actually that shoud say WAS 8/9 stone over weight!

I've lost 31lb on my new diet so far, check out the forum fatties section and you'll find my thread! :clapping:

Good luck with your registration, lovely to meet you :D

katieandyjess
10-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Thank you both you have put my mind at ease now!! Its just i have always wanted to work with children but didn't do it when i left school then i couldn't afford to take a cut in pay. Now i have just had my little girl and due to go back to work in june its something i really want to do as i enjoy watching her grow and learn new skills and i want to teach other babies and toddlers new skills - plus it saves me from having to go back to my dreaded job!!!