PDA

View Full Version : Next steps for my sons first painting experience

vix84
09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi - I know I dont have to plan for Max, my 8 and a half month old son - but I dont want him to miss out and I will use his files as examples to Ofsted and Parents.

So I noticed that he was making marks in his dribble and sick :blush: :rolleyes: so I thought it was about time I got the paint out.
I noticed that he wasnt interested in grabbing the paintbrushes so I took them away and dipped his fingers in the paint that was on the plate to make marks, and then on the paper. I then left him to it. And he decided hed rather pick the paper up and play with that - or try to eat it :laughing:
So he didnt do any painting, but he wasnt scared of it or anything either.

For my next steps shall I just put 'try out painting regularly so he gets used to the textures etc. and the opportunity is there for him when he is ready'.

Would you do anything else at this stage?

Helen79
10-03-2009, 09:22 AM
They're first painting experience is always fun :) Maybe try sponges instead of brushes as they're easier for little hands to hold & they can explore squeezing the paint out of the sponges & splatting them on the paper.

Or just squeeze the paint straight onto the table so he's not preoccupied with the paper & gets interested in the paint. When he's finished you can press paper onto the marks he's made in the paint to make a picture.

amirose
10-03-2009, 09:48 AM
They're first painting experience is always fun :) Maybe try sponges instead of brushes as they're easier for little hands to hold & they can explore squeezing the paint out of the sponges & splatting them on the paper.

Or just squeeze the paint straight onto the table so he's not preoccupied with the paper & gets interested in the paint. When he's finished you can press paper onto the marks he's made in the paint to make a picture.

Some good advice there :thumbsup:

vix84
11-03-2009, 03:57 PM

Thats a good idea about pressing the paper onto his painting:clapping:

I will make sure I use the paint that doesnt stain our table though:panic: