PDA

View Full Version : advice please

lindas lot
09-03-2009, 05:56 PM
:) hello could anyone tell me when ofsted come out for the pre reg visit do they grade you at all? or just look at everything and give you actions of any areas not up to scratch?Getting so worried !Trying to write my policies myself rather than copying them lol.And right out eveything else!!

Chanelle
09-03-2009, 06:02 PM
They are coming to asess your suitability to be a childminder. They will want to look at your premises and facilities, toys, safety equiptment and child aids like potties etc .... And any paperwork, risk assessments etc you have in place. Would be a good idea to have some planning and onservation, assessment ideas to show.

You wont actually be graded but they do give you recommendations if ythere are any on your home.

estrelas
09-03-2009, 06:06 PM
i had done most of my paperwork done, but she wasn't really interested at looking at them. She wanted to talk to me more really, about what i wanted to do and how i was going to do it, i had no equipment or safety stuff, as long as you can say what your going to buy and what you need its fine x

they don't grade you just give you recommendations, that may need doing

lindas lot
09-03-2009, 06:09 PM
many thanks i will be so mad though if they dont even look like they are reading my folders lol!shall i do some observations on my own 0-3 children or is this just being a creep lol:)

Chanelle
09-03-2009, 06:26 PM
That is up o you and if you have time... I have a fw on th spot observations i have done but nt going to go the full hog and actually do them... I just want to have it typed and printed to show her as she asks about how I will be planning etc ... Something to show to get the question answered lol...

I am planning on shoving my paperwork under her nose tho !! all that woerk I want acknowledgement for it lol

lindas lot
09-03-2009, 06:29 PM
i know what you mean about the paperwork !have you done all yours and how many hours do you reakon it has taken!:)

estrelas
09-03-2009, 06:41 PM
i was a bit miffed to be honest, i had been up most of the night before getting it ready, but i felt it went well with no recommendations
i haven't finished all my paper work yet, its all typed etc just needs looking over and checking. i'm still working full time and to knackered after i get home to finish it but i will this weekend

Some times i'll start one, come on here for a bit of a luck, then i'm here till bed time:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing:

estrelas
09-03-2009, 06:42 PM
in times of hours maybe a few days :) :) and its not done yet:(

lindas lot
09-03-2009, 07:08 PM
i just dont know how to draw mine up!i have all my policies written now packs foe adult and pack for child but i keep coming on this website and think mine is not up to scratch!:(

angeldelight
09-03-2009, 07:15 PM
i just dont know how to draw mine up!i have all my policies written now packs foe adult and pack for child but i keep coming on this website and think mine is not up to scratch!:(

Why would you think that yours on not up to scratch?

Remember a lot of us have been minding here for ages and ages so we are more experienced at what we write etc

They are not going to expect that from you - you will learn from time and experience

I re - did all my policies about 4 years ago and I have recently changed them again - I was amazed at some of the things that I had wrote 4 years ago compared to now - I have improved in that time and that is coming from somone whos been minding for ages

So you will do the same over time

Dont under rate yourself I am sure you will do fine

Angel xx

lindas lot
09-03-2009, 07:18 PM
thanks its just so daunting and i want to do it and show i can do it right!after being a nanny for twenty years and now a mum i want to prove to myself i can carry this off well :)

angeldelight
09-03-2009, 07:20 PM
thanks its just so daunting and i want to do it and show i can do it right!after being a nanny for twenty years and now a mum i want to prove to myself i can carry this off well :)

Just do your best you will be ok im sure

xx

Chanelle
09-03-2009, 07:27 PM
I have spent hours and hours doing paperwork ... My problem is that I could have done it alot quicker if This Forum was shutdown for a few hours/days .... It is such a great distraction but find I get on herem type away and realise I have lost 3 hrs of precious time lol