PDA

View Full Version : Unit 2 (A)

Kaz1997
08-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Hi all,
I have almost finished this assignment and am on the dreaded Evaluate question.
Can anyone give me an idea of how to word my answer?
Have read alll the relevant research but am stuggling to put my answer down on paper.
I really will be pleased to see the back of Unit 2.... Only Unit 5 to go then, hope to see light at the end of the tunnel soon.
Thanks in advance.
Karen x

sarah707
08-03-2009, 04:51 PM
What's the question?

Kaz1997
08-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Opps!!!

Question is: Evaluate the impact of recent and relevant research on children’s rights in relation to practice.

sarah707
08-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Children's rights ... the UN convention on the rights of the child has ensured that children through the world have a charter which gives them basic rights and those in power basic responsibilities;

The Eyfs gives children the right to be listened to, to be heard, to have a standardised education and care from birth. I would also give the background of how the Eyfs was preceeded by Birth to 3 Matters and the Foundation Stage and how Eyfs is the merging of both, then find a quote from Eyfs about how good it thinks it is;

You could also talk about the Disability discrimination act (and subsequent updates) which puts a duty of care on everyone to make reasonable adjustments to care for a disabled child...

Hope this starts you off. :D

Kaz1997
08-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Sarah, You are a star!!!
Thank you so much... btw I have started reading through the books I purchased from you recently, so far so good... very impressive!
Thanks again, gonna finish the iron and then make a start on completing Unit 2... Phew!!!
Love Karen x

mertonparker
08-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Hi all,
I have almost finished this assignment and am on the dreaded Evaluate question.
Can anyone give me an idea of how to word my answer?
Have read alll the relevant research but am stuggling to put my answer down on paper.
I really will be pleased to see the back of Unit 2.... Only Unit 5 to go then, hope to see light at the end of the tunnel soon.
Thanks in advance.
Karen x

When I did mine i started it off with mentioning Victoria Climbie how her death made the government publish ECM and pass the childrens act 2004. I went on to name the 5 outcomes and give a little insight to how id meet them within my setting.I also mentioned that in 2006 the childcare act came about and outlined the governments 10yr strategy 2004 to change the E Y services which aslo introduced the EYFS. I briefly described the eyfs & added some references then proceeded to write the positives/negatives about it in relation to my setting and summed up in a conclusion.

Hope this helps too

Kaz1997
08-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Hi Merton,
Great advice from yourself and Sarah! Really wanted to get this done today, alas the ironing took over and then the big clean up... {just had new bathroom and boiler installed} thank god for heating!!
Will definately make a start tomorrow, fingers crossed my two little ones will nap in the afternoon... lol
Thanks again.
Love Karen x