PDA

View Full Version : What would these come under?

patevans
08-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Sitting up unaided
Rolling over
Child cries when I leave the room
1st tooth - does this actually come under anything?
Child playing peek-a-boo

Also what would the next steps be for each of these? I cant do next steps for the life of me :panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Have a look at the EYFS and it is listed there in the second column and the 3rd tells you the next steps

patevans
08-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Have a look at the EYFS and it is listed there in the second column and the 3rd tells you the next steps

Ok thank you

Allie
08-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Any skills they acquire come under physical, the crying would be PSE, the peek a boo CLL but you will find lots of things come into more than one area
eg the peek a boo could also be in PSE and if you are singing as well could also be creative

Allie

hectors house
09-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I think some of the movement ones - like rolling over, crawling etc are also under

PSR&N - space shape and measure "babies exploration of space through movement" and

KUW - Place - "explore space around them through movement of hands, feet and by rolling".

Physical - Movement and space - "use movement and exploration to link up with immediate environment"

I don't think Ofsted are bothered about first teeth - and make sure you don't spot the first tooth or first crawling, walking - you may upset the parents.
I just say that tooth is nearly through and when they look - there it is!
Then record it in diary or what ever you do.

Some of the EYFS for babies is stating the obvious - I find it hard to write things for PSE - nuture or nature?