PDA

View Full Version : Minimum hours

Shirlwith3
08-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I know some of you have a Minimum hours of childcare writen in their policies, I was wondering how you have it written as I have a lady coming tomorrow afternoon wanting a couple of hour once or twice a week, I really need to get a signed contract as i have no mindees at the mo, but I am not willing to mind for less than say 4hours.
So I was wondering what is your Minimum hours you are willing to work?
And how you worded then in your policies.

Any help would be great full.

shirl

misst104
08-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Shirl,

I am still pre-reg so am still deciding on fees etc but am thinking I will have a minimum daily fee of 4 hours then have a fee per hour for anything on top of that. I'll be interested to see how others word this too! :thumbsup:

x

Chatterbox Childcare
08-03-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't have minimum hours but a minimum charge and this is why I set session rates. Minimum £20.00 per day

misst104
08-03-2009, 10:35 AM
I was thinking of wording mine as a minimum charge for the day and then anything over that would be hourly rate. Do you think that would work????

x

donnadoo2004200
08-03-2009, 11:02 AM
I charge by the hour with a minimum of 2hrs per session.:)

Ripeberry
08-03-2009, 11:30 AM
I think my minimum 4hrs a week is a bit too generous. Maybe i should do min 2hrs a session as well? How could this be worded?
I usually state £3.50an hour for under 20hrs a week care but minimum of 4hrs a week.
Do you have to state that you don't do bank holidays even though you only do term-time?

Kes
08-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Mine is 10 hours a week. I put it in my welcome pack under the fees. I have a list of what I charge and then under the list it says please note that a minimum charge of ten hours a week is in place. I went for 10 hours as I only charge £3 an hour and felt that anything under that was not worth my time.

Kerry.

rickysmiths
08-03-2009, 02:43 PM
I charge by the hour. If you have no mindees at present does it really matter. I took on a child for 11/2hrs on a Friday afternoon a couple of years ago I had others and this fitted in, the mum was self employed and desparate. Anyway I now have the child 2 10hr days a week, I had to get a variation for 4 under fives to do it. From September I will have her 3 days a week which will fill in a day that one of the others will be going to Nursery all day.

I guess what I am saying is you never know how things can develop.

You could find out how flexible mums days could be. Make it clear that you will eventually be looking to fill you hous full time and if a parent came to you for full time hours you might have to give her notice. Be honest. I must say I wouldn't feel comfortable asking someone to pay for a session of up to 4 hours or more if they only need 2 hours. I am a childminder and pride myself in being flexible that is my hold ove Day nurseries who would charge for a min no of hours.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-03-2009, 03:00 PM
I charge by the hour. If you have no mindees at present does it really matter. I took on a child for 11/2hrs on a Friday afternoon a couple of years ago I had others and this fitted in, the mum was self employed and desparate. Anyway I now have the child 2 10hr days a week, I had to get a variation for 4 under fives to do it. From September I will have her 3 days a week which will fill in a day that one of the others will be going to Nursery all day.

I guess what I am saying is you never know how things can develop.

You could find out how flexible mums days could be. Make it clear that you will eventually be looking to fill you hous full time and if a parent came to you for full time hours you might have to give her notice. Be honest. I must say I wouldn't feel comfortable asking someone to pay for a session of up to 4 hours or more if they only need 2 hours. I am a childminder and pride myself in being flexible that is my hold ove Day nurseries who would charge for a min no of hours.

I am a childminder and I am flexible but I am also a business

Hebs
08-03-2009, 03:06 PM
i do a minimum of 5 hours a week :thumbsup:

Allie
08-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I do a minimum of 8 hours a day for the pre-schoolers and 3 hours for the school aged children. I can't afford to run as a charity so need to be full any day I work.

It's never put anyone off so far

Allie

chels55
08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't have minimum hours but a minimum charge and this is why I set session rates. Minimum £20.00 per day

This is what i will be doing in future :thumbsup:

Mummits
08-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I think my minimum 4hrs a week is a bit too generous. Maybe i should do min 2hrs a session as well? How could this be worded?
I usually state £3.50an hour for under 20hrs a week care but minimum of 4hrs a week.
Do you have to state that you don't do bank holidays even though you only do term-time?

My terms and conditions for term time only state that term time is defined as the days when (our local school) is open to pupils (i.e excluding bank holidays and in service training days as well as half term and between term breaks).

vix84
09-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I charge for a minimum of 3 hours at my part-time rate of £5 an hour - I have a little one for 2 hours but charge for 3.

I did say to the parent that I would take him on for now - but I if I were to get an offer of a full-timer then I would possibly have to terminate the contract or ask for a variation in numbers. She was fine with that.

I used to charge a set fee of £45 a day regardless of hours - apart from after schoolers - but I wasnt getting any enquiries.

I now charge £45 a day - for any hours over 5 hours.
5 hours or less I charge £5 an hour
and from now on I will charge £7 an hour for 3 hours or less

LittleMissSparkles
09-03-2009, 05:28 PM
I charge for a minimum of 8 hours of not worht it for me x HTH

tulip0803
09-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Minimum of 3 hours a day for me. covers the after-schools 3-6 slot:) . But there is no competition from after-school club here.

tammerisk
09-03-2009, 06:52 PM
i don't do minimum hours i just charge for one price for up to 25 hours which is now gone up to £90 or if it fit sessional times 8 til 1 or 1 til 6 then it £75 pounds

never had a problem it up to them how many hours they want if they only want 4 hours then the still pay 75 or 90 pound

OrlandoBelle
09-03-2009, 06:57 PM
I do a minimum of 6 hours a week. x