PDA

View Full Version : Photo observation how many?

Kat
06-03-2009, 02:09 PM
:littleangel: I know this was here million time but I have 5 min free I am sorry... How many photo observation do to make Ofsted happy? or how many you are all doing?
I have 1 more or less every 6 weeks ? is it ok?

huggableshelly
06-03-2009, 02:16 PM
photo obs are not compulsory ther eis no stated limit

providing you are doing obs on a regular basis that is enough for ofsted but you are doing them mainly for the child and your benefit not jsut to please ofsted.

if you can only manage one every 6 wks per child then its no issue, if you have time to do 6 a day well i hope you have space to file it all too.

I do 1 a wk on my preschooler and when I have time with my after schoolers

Shar
06-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I also do 1 obs per child per week and photo's of that week's activities which may or may not include a photo of the observation. Ofsted were very happy with this although I had to try to build up a decent ammount of data before being inspected in Jan.:thumbsup:

Chanelle
06-03-2009, 03:58 PM
I plan on doing 1 photo observation per fortnight and 1 long 5-10 minute observation per fortnight (alternate weeks)

I also do on the spot observations which are little snippets from during the day which I stick onto a headed piece of paper and insert into the 6 areas of learning.

It is really up to you what you do and how often ... so long as you are observing and putting this into your planning , following next steps etc ...

Carol
06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I try to have one photo per week for each child. Dont forget to date them too my friend was picked up on this when she had her ofsted inspection last month.

Carol xx

Kat
07-03-2009, 02:29 PM
thank you ... I do normal day to day obs but i forgot about pict. obs. :D happen...

donnadoo2004200
07-03-2009, 11:20 PM
I do obs every day including photos. Childrens centres are a great place to achieve more if you want more. Whenever you feel one needs doing however often is ok as long as you are following EYFS and next steps. Goodluck

Chatterbox Childcare
07-03-2009, 11:28 PM
You don't have to have photo's tp have an observation. Remember that a "wow" moment can be recorded on a post it note and this is used as evidence.

Ofsted are more interested in a learning journey than lots of paperwork and photo's so keep up to date with that side and they will be happy.

Kat
09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Thank you I will ... but sometimes it is hard :)