PDA

View Full Version : Late collection fee

kitty
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Hello all,
Not been around for a while - sorry, life has just been on top of me really....
Anyway, I have a new mum coming to see me on Tuesday , so need to get everything upto date. What do you charge if they are late collecting, My last mum used to just hand me a £10 note when she was running late, even if 15mins over, I didn't complain :)
Thanks
Elaine
x

Trouble
03-02-2008, 01:26 PM
i charge £5,00 per hour to be late and a polite note to say i have a life tooooooo:laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
03-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I charge £5 for each 30 min

But it does depend on the parent and if I think they are taking the mick

I have only had to enforce late fees once and they never did it again

Just make sure they sign and agree to it when they sign contracts

Angel xx

deeb66
03-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I haven't had to enforce this fee for quite a few years but I have it written in my contracts the payment will be £5.00 for every full or part 30 minutes.

Hope this helps

susi513
03-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I charge £5 per 30 mins up til 6 pm and £5 per 15 mins after 6 pm.

I was thinking of adding a phrase to allow me also to pass on to the parent any additional costs I have incurred if they make me late for or miss a training course, or admission tickets (like I ever get a night out lol!). And on certain courses you would have to restart the whole thing, which might add up to a lot more than the late collection fee charge.

Susi

LittleMissSparkles
03-02-2008, 06:58 PM
I charge £5 per 15 mins as it is my time at finish time to get cleaned up and my family sorted and its inconvenient xxx

sarah707
03-02-2008, 08:00 PM
I charge £5 per 15 mins as it is my time at finish time to get cleaned up and my family sorted and its inconvenient xxx

Yup....! :D

katickles
03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I have it written im my contracts & fees that its £5 per every 15 mins
:)

kitty
03-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll go for the £5 for each 15min, as I work until 6.30 and after that time, I really have had enough and need to start sorting out my own brood!!!
Elaine
x

Twinkles
03-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Wow! I've really stuffed up here! I only ever charge normal rate if the're late.
There is one particular child who is dropped off by her mum in the morning at 7.45 and my heart sinks when she says 'Dad will collect tonight' because I know he will be late...always is, he usually arrives about 6.45 - 7pm and tbh enough has been had by then!! :mad:

Cheeky Chops
04-02-2008, 01:18 PM
ooo that makes me cross!!! I have one lady who turns up early by about an hour!! She mentioned I had no "early fee" written in my contract, so thats why she drops off earlier, so I told her she had agreed to the contract hours and could she please respect that, she still drops off 10min early!! I will amending that one in our contracts when they are up for review! she never picks up late because she knows about the fee which is £5 for every 30mins. I have tried to explain that this is my job and if it was her job she wouldnt want to start 1 hour earlier because her manager demanded her to and she had no choice. I tried to explain thats what it is like for me, I have no choice if she turns up at the door because they are there and I cant ignore the doorbell now can i?! so lets hope she only keeps it to 5 or 10mins early!! hehe x

wendywu
04-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Im the other way i dont charge a late collection fee unless they pre arrange to work late. I cannot be bothered to add up 5 and 10 minutes. I am lucky though as no one is ever later than the odd 15min now and then,

It does work the other way as well, when i want them collected half hour early or even one hour early as i have an appointment or am having a weekend away as i have in a couple of weeks time, i still get paid the same weekly amount.

Also i finish at 3.30pm on christmas eve but still get paid a full day. So i suppose its all swings and roundabouts.

If i need them to be collected dead on time i write this in the dairy, so they know to leave work sharp.::D

deeb66
04-02-2008, 06:42 PM
ooo that makes me cross!!! I have one lady who turns up early by about an hour!! She mentioned I had no "early fee" written in my contract, so thats why she drops off earlier, so I told her she had agreed to the contract hours and could she please respect that, she still drops off 10min early!! I will amending that one in our contracts when they are up for review! she never picks up late because she knows about the fee which is £5 for every 30mins. I have tried to explain that this is my job and if it was her job she wouldnt want to start 1 hour earlier because her manager demanded her to and she had no choice. I tried to explain thats what it is like for me, I have no choice if she turns up at the door because they are there and I cant ignore the doorbell now can i?! so lets hope she only keeps it to 5 or 10mins early!! hehe x

Why not....I once had a parent who thought along the same lines.....after repeatedly asking her to check with me first to make sure that it was ok to drop off early she still ignored me so one day I took the battery out of the doorbell so that I couldn't hear it:D .......

when I did finally open the door her response was that she had rung the doorbell and I hadn't answered.........to which I replied sweetly with a smile on my face that the doorbell was broken and that if she had contacted me first i would have known that she was comming......

Surprise surprise she never did it again.

crazybones
04-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I have a mum who quite proudly announces that she has just been to Sainsburys when she arrives 20 mins late a couple of times a week. When I have done my shopping with two 2 years old and a 4 yr old in tow. (She has also just told me this pm she is off next week for half term without 4 weeks written notice but thats another story.) The problem is she is the first person I took on when I registered and I find it hard to introduce new policies/rules etc with her as she is just not interested. I feel I have made all my mistakes with her and am just biding my time till September when her son starts senior school and I dont have him (although this is a presumption (spelling) and she will probably tell me on last day of summer hols without 4 weeks notice). Her 11 year old son is lovely by the way and I have had him since he was 5

Anyway, I have every sympathy with you.

Annie x

Twinkles
04-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I HATE it when they turn up early even more than them collecting late.
I had a 'friend' that I minded for who regularly turned up half an hour early so I made sure that I went out to walk the dog about forty minutes before she was due to arrive! Not that long ago I had a mum turn up 45 minutes early - I was in the shower ! I made her wait and then answered the door wrapped in my towel. She then had to wait in the playroom with her son while I got dressed, slooowly!:angry:

deeb66
04-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I HATE it when they turn up early even more than them collecting late.
I had a 'friend' that I minded for who regularly turned up half an hour early so I made sure that I went out to walk the dog about forty minutes before she was due to arrive! Not that long ago I had a mum turn up 45 minutes early - I was in the shower ! I made her wait and then answered the door wrapped in my towel. She then had to wait in the playroom with her son while I got dressed, slooowly!:angry:

Good for you!!!!

Like the idea of walking the dog :D

Do you think I could get away with walking the cat or the rabbit? :laughing:

Twinkles
04-02-2008, 08:32 PM
:laughing: I'd like to see the rabbit being walked! Mine is so loopy he'd probably enjoy it!

deeb66
05-02-2008, 08:33 PM
:laughing: I'd like to see the rabbit being walked! Mine is so loopy he'd probably enjoy it!

I have a harness for him so I could take him for a walk....he would probably love it :D