PDA

View Full Version : Essential EYFS Training

Buzz Lightyear
05-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Booked on this this weekend which is run by my childminding support team.

Targetted at newly registered minders and looks at ways we can implement EYFS in a homebased setting. Look at the value of play and enabling environments. Also gives practical tips and ideas how to undertake simple obs, assessments, planning and record keeping.

Anyone else been on this or something similar?

Ripeberry
05-03-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm on a similar course on 23rd March. Should be interesting. Tonight i'm doing "How to complete your SEF" which will be doubly interesting as i'm not minding at present.

cuddlybunny38
05-03-2009, 06:35 PM
on way to mine now

Buzz Lightyear
05-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Oooh, would love your feedback cuddlybunny38 when you return home!

Peppa
05-03-2009, 08:59 PM
I did eyfs part 1 and part 2, very helpfull and get paid £80 for each day apparently!

Buzz Lightyear
05-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Part 1 and Part 2? I didn't know there was a part 2?

cuddlybunny38
06-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Hi busy will let you know later how it went as just starting with the kids, will have more time to be on here later today. Sharon

cuddlybunny38
06-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi back again, it was intersting and showed us how we need to doour obs, she also said we dont need to do planning for months in adavnce as you might not have the same children, so we dont need long and medium planning, just maybe a month at a time and a daily log. The obs she showed us how to do was so simple compared with what I have been doing, the learning sheet is on your early years disc, and she said write a very brief des of what the are doing then who helped and why, then what area it covered, so if it was cll, look in the early years book and see under that heading what they are acheving and write what it says( this is the bit I dont do I waffle on and she said no write what it says) then in next steps box write what you plan do next. This is a 2 session training and on the next one she is going to show us how to do a learning journey book for the kids. It is good training makes it easier to understand by seeing it in practice and having someone to talk to about it.

Buzz Lightyear
06-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the update, sounds interesting and just what I need for starting up!

I have a feeling our course is just the one session as our training is generally done for six hours so the full day. No doubt they will cover both topics tomorrow as there has been no mention of two days.

Thanks for that, looking forward to tomorrow now! x