PDA

View Full Version : Registration Form been posted

samgeordie
03-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Well I posted my registration form off to the Care Commission on Friday:clapping: . I currently use a childminder part time for my 3yr old daughter and she has been so helpful and given me copies of her procedures etc to help me get mine in place.

Im booked to do pre-registration training in March and also down to do a first aid course as well (& on the reserve list for child protection as its already full:rolleyes: ).

For those ladies that have become childminders in scotland in the past couple of years - how long did it take for you to get registered? How long did you need to wait to get your pre-registration visit & did any of you apply for the grant through business gateway?(seems you can get up to £250 towards the cost of setting up).

sarah707
03-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I can't help with the timings... just wanted to say 'good luck'! :D

miffy
03-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your application

Sorry, not from Scotland so can't help with the timings

Miffy xx

tulip0803
03-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Sorry I am in Wales but the CSSIW here don't mind you ringing with any questions and to ask what the average timings are. I am waiting too hear back about mine too. I know that my CRBs have been sent off and I know that my referees have been approached. But waiting for pre-reg inspection. I have been told should be registered by April. fingers crossed

good luck

nell57
03-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Again cant offer much advice but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out.
Good luck with your registration and keep us posted:)

Helen x

angeldelight
03-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Also wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

deeb66
03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry...not from Scotland so i can't help with the timings either.

Just wanted to add my good luck wishes

Straws
03-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Good luck hopefully you wont have to wait too long xxxx

muminamini
04-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm not from Scotland but my timings so far have been as follows..

Completed training, first aid and food hygiene etc in December and sent form to Ofsted 12th Dec

received confirmation of application 19th Dec

Pre Reg Visit - 23rd Jan (xmas and inspector was off sick!!)

Now await crb check and certificate.

I am annoyed as all advice given to me by the council during training was to wait until you were 100% ready and had had council out to inspect you before you apply to Ofsted.....I have now been sitting waiting since beginning of December and it is really frustrating. I wish I had found this site sooner as I had no idea it could take up to 3 months from sending out the form to get your certificate....

Hope yours comes soon
xx