PDA

View Full Version : oohh they have them

LisaMarie
04-03-2009, 01:31 PM
hello all, real life took over for a few weeks so I havent been on :blush:

anyway i am on session 4 of 6 for my ICP course tonight, but for some reason our exam isnt until the 22nd April, which i have a feeling I will have forgotten everything by.

I posted my forms off on Monday, half way home, i realised what i did and nearly had a panic attack. and I checked the tracking thingy on the royal mail site and they recieved them today :panic:

ill give it a week and send my health dec book off. there are 2 thing on there that are concerning me. once my mum died, and my dad moved in his gf, my life went to pot, and couldnt handle it any more and cut my wrists, not very well, as i have no scars, but the dr had to put that down. i have only done it once and i have no scars, and also there is a gap in my records, quite a large one, and my records re-started when i moved in with my auntie and registered myself at a drs, when I was 16. Will these effect my application??

thanks all

misst104
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I had bad postnatal depression with my ds1 whi is 2 next week. Was on anti-depressants for a year after he was born so I had to put that down on my health dec. When the doctor filled in his bit he just put "fully recovered". I am hoping that will suffice for Ofsred and hopefully your doc will be able to put the same?

Maybe someone with abit more knowledge of these things will be along shortly but in the meantime, well done to you for being so open and getting yourself back on track :thumbsup:

x

Adiamond
04-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I too had post natal depression in 2002-04 was on anti depressants, then in 2007 I had an anxiety disorder no pills but I did have counselling,Ofsted have been fine with this :)
HTH x x x

pinklady
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
We live in the real world where sometimes things go wrong in our lives and you cannot always deal with it well. There are many, many people out there who've been desperate enough to attempt suicide and the mind is a very complex thing which sometimes needs a little time to sort out.

You sound like you've completely got your life on track now and your experience will make you stronger too. I would imagine that there are 1000's of childminders who at some point in their lives have hit rock bottom and are now 100% fine.

Esther xx

Tatjana
04-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Reading the other posts it sounds like it will be just fine, no one can be strong 100% everyday of their life.

Try not to worry

xx

jibberjitz
04-03-2009, 09:06 PM
I had PND with DD1 and have been told it wont affect my health check as fully recovered now - dont worry :)

LisaMarie
05-03-2009, 03:48 PM
thanks everyone!!! my life is on track now!!!

well ... ofsted just rang and they are coming out thurs at 10am, so this time next week I will know if i can childmind or not :panic:

angeldelight
05-03-2009, 04:44 PM

well ... ofsted just rang and they are coming out thurs at 10am, so this time next week I will know if i can childmind or not :panic:

Glad everything is on track now

Good luck for Thursday

Angel xx

nell57
05-03-2009, 05:04 PM

Good luck, hope it goes well:thumbsup:

Minstrel
05-03-2009, 05:33 PM
You'll be fine - good luck!:thumbsup:

Polka Dots
05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Good luck Lisa.

Ellies2009
05-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Good luck on Thurs - let us know how you get on x

pinklady
05-03-2009, 07:31 PM
That's great! It's really happening now!:clapping:

Esther xx

estrelas
05-03-2009, 08:29 PM
good luck with pre reg x:)

Lick'le Oakes
05-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Even if you are on antidepressents at the time of applying Ofsted will pass you. I also had a time in my past with actions similar to yours and am on antidepressents now but i got passed. The health declaration had it all on aswell but thankfully i got through so don't worry too much about it. I'm sure you will be fine.