PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Jane Powertwin Pro?

Mummits
04-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi I've been looking at reviews and in our local Mothercare and rather like the look of the Jane Powertwin Pro. Has anyone got one and if so would you recommend for (two 18 month boys or one of them and a two year old girl). I'm interested in whether they are easy to use/hardwearing/does the fabric clean up well? Also has anyone tried the Jane surferboard (buggy board)?

Thanks!

PixiePetal
04-03-2009, 10:03 PM
I had read about the wheel and tipping so went for the Jane twin two which is tandem 4 wheels. I love it - bulky but a dream to push. Would imagine the powertwin to be similar. I use it for two 18 month olds at the moment. If they both sleep the back one nearly has the other on their lap but they both had a long sleep so must have been comfortable.

Might get a surfer board for the other not yet 3 year old, but he is quite a good walker anyway.

Pudding Girl
04-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Really good but also really heavy and long. Can you get anywhere to try one out with kids in it ( bearing in mind that the ages of kids you have will be constantly changing, lighter/heavier :eek: )

No idea on the board if you can use it with a tandem, but bear in mind the angle you need to push a buggy at when a board is attached and the extra weight too. You need to take care of your back!

Swear by my Phil and Teds!

Porridge
04-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Hello, I bought my powertwin from a friend so it was already 3 years old and well used when I got it in Sept. I have to say I love it. The upholstery on mine is a little marked (some black spots on the hood where it spent a few months in their garage) but overall it still looks good. The tipping seems to be an issue with many 3 wheelers, (I had the same thing with my single Quinny Buzz), you just have to be cautious going up kerbs etc. It really is a dream to push - even one handed with a baby attached to me in a sling and with two heavy toddlers in it! Honestly! I now have a buggy board (the surfer board didn't fit mine as it's an older model, but I bought one with a step the kids can sit on (from Tesco)and it fits really well) and am 5 months pregnant and have no trouble pushing it. All doubles are heavy but having tried various side by sides and tandems, I would not swap mine for anything. Except a newer powertwin! Good luck.

Porridge
04-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Meant to say I use mine for a range of kids from 1 to 3 years old (the older ones walk!). The only thing is that I can't really recline the back seat if someone is on the buggy board, but the front seat reclines just enough to stop a one year olds head from bobbing off if they need a snooze!

Mummits
06-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I've bought one! Can't wait for it to come - I will have to have a grand clear out of the garage to make some room.

Thanks for all your advice ladies.