PDA

View Full Version : NCMA vs MM

caz
03-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi everyone I was wondering wether anyone has tried both and which you prefer. I was looking at the MM contracts at the information session and they looked really detailed, but most people seem to prefer joining the NCMA is this better for help etc.

x Caron:)

sarah707
03-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Paperwork is much the same from each... with MM you don't have to use their contracts etc, you can use your own... MM is cheaper but doesn't do a glossy magazine every month... MM have just started doing an online magazine... more people have heard of NCMA I suppose... NCMA does some good work supporting childminders...

I've been with MM for 14 years and never had an issue with them - I also have my car with them business use. :D

deeb66
03-02-2008, 03:56 PM
I am with NCMA - I have membership and my public liabilty insurance through them.

I firmly believe that I should be a member of a group that represents childminders hence the reason I choose to remain a member of NCMA. I know that other people have a different opinion and I respect that.....

I also have my public liabilty with NCMA and to be honest I am seriously considering changing to MM as I think it MAY be a better insurance package to have.

Even if I change my public liabilty I will still remain a member of NCMA.

susi513
04-02-2008, 02:38 PM
I share your views in feeling obliged to support NCMA. However I have been disappointed with NCMA (one NCMA person never replied to any of my emails, another just quoted sections of the handbook and failed miserably to even attempt to answer my query). Whereas MM have taken the time to write me an informative, friendly and very helpful email to me although (or because lol!) I've never bought anything from them before.

So I plan to keep my membership with NCMA but I'm thinking of giving MM a try when my insurance comes up for renewal.