PDA

View Full Version : numbers

Helen79
03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. My certificate states that I
may care for no more than 4 children from 1 year to under 8 years; of these, not more than 1 may be under 5 years at any one time

My ds is 1 & dd is 4 (isn't 5 until next Feb) so at the moment I can only have 1 under 5 during the day. When my dd starts school in Sept am I allowed another under 5 or is she still classed in my under 5's numbers when she's in school?

Also my ds was under 1 when they did my certificate, as he's now over 1 so do I need a new certificate, I assume that I can now have a mindee who's under 12months.

Hope that makes sense :)

breezy
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
It makes sense, you can have another under 5 once dd attends FULL TIME at school, but you'd probably have to let ofsted know about her starting school. also you can now have an under one, but again you'd have to let ofsted know.

singlewiththree
03-03-2009, 04:39 PM
My DD is starting school in Sept too and its only when they stop the settling in at school so after the part time hours and they start to go Mon-Fri all day that they are taken off your numbers, you still have to do EYFS observations and planning for them until the end of reception year.

Helen79
03-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks :thumbsup: As far as I'm aware she doesn't do part time hours at school & just goes straight into full time hours. I'll ring ofsted tomorrow & hopefully be able to start advertising a new under 5 place for Sept :)