PDA

View Full Version : where's dora?????

cherry pink
02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
help think i'm going mad (well i know i am really lol'
i have a little girl starting tomorrow who loves dora the explorer and i could have sworn that a while ago some kind person put up some boys and girls daily diary printables, but i just cant find them can anyone help.
i'm hoping the parents will take more interest in it if it's something their little one is interested in,you know ''ooh look at my dora book mummy''.i have had so many go missing over the years i'm hoping themed ones of child's own interests means they will come back used and signed by parents obviously this will only work for kiddies that are talikng lol

huggableshelly
02-03-2009, 10:27 AM
oh I like that set up, I wonder if I can find a Thomas the Tank Engine in a similar style

cherry pink
02-03-2009, 10:31 AM
oh fizzy thanx that was the one i cant believe you found it so quick, it looks a lot more interesting than the ones i've been doing, perhaps that's why they went missing lol they didn't inspire me so why would they inspire the parents :)

manjay
02-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I made up my own A5 size one after using that one for inspiration, as all the bits were not relevant to each child I mind. It is really easy to do and I change the picture each week depending on what we are celebrating or a particular theme. You could make it larger if you want to include more info.These are this weeks as we are celebrating St David's Day

cherry pink
02-03-2009, 10:39 AM
ah manjay they are really lovely and a really good idea about changing the picture to follow particular themes bet ofsted loved them

manjay
02-03-2009, 10:43 AM
ah manjay they are really lovely and a really good idea about changing the picture to follow particular themes bet ofsted loved them

Luckily I don't "do" OFSTED and as my CSSIW inspector was only here for an hour she never saw them either:panic: but my parents like them and that's waht counts!

huggableshelly
02-03-2009, 10:55 AM
fantasitc Manjay I was just wondering if I could make my own but cant seem to get along with powerpoint right now. Thankyou for sharing yours xxxx

manjay
02-03-2009, 11:06 AM
fantasitc Manjay I was just wondering if I could make my own but cant seem to get along with powerpoint right now. Thankyou for sharing yours xxxx

Mine was very simply made using word and as I said the original idea came from the one that Fizzy attached (so I can't take the credit:D ). I just needed to be able to amend it to make it suitable for my own mindees

singlewiththree
02-03-2009, 11:13 AM
If you are using individual sheets as diary pages do you make them into a book or give them out singly?

manjay
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
If you are using individual sheets as diary pages do you make them into a book or give them out singly?

I stick them in an A5 book and they go home each day. I understand that not all parents return these but mine are good and this way works for me

peanuts
02-03-2009, 12:41 PM
i hope i have done this right its the first time i have done attachments. here are a couple of mine in a5 size

huggableshelly
02-03-2009, 01:38 PM
thankyou so much

Carol
02-03-2009, 01:53 PM
i hope i have done this right its the first time i have done attachments. here are a couple of mine in a5 size

They are lovely

Carol xx

FizzysFriends
02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Mine was very simply made using word and as I said the original idea came from the one that Fizzy attached (so I can't take the credit:D ). I just needed to be able to amend it to make it suitable for my own mindees

I can't take the credit either, I think it was Louise that designed it.

I use it for my ad hoc mindees because I don't know when I will see them again so don't think a book is needed. For long term mindees I stick them into an exercise book (5 for a pound from instore).

cherry pink
02-03-2009, 05:22 PM

karen they're lovely..we have got a talented bunch on here :clapping: :clapping: