PDA

View Full Version : SHOWING PARENTS POLICIES

Bex1
28-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Hi

I have a lady coming to sign contracts but she has not seen my policies yet so shall I suggest that she takes them away and signs contracts when setting in session begins or do I sit her down and get her to read them whilst I supply her with lots of caffeine to keep her awake :p I dont know how to do it! She has been to see me before and took away my parent pack but my policies are huge so didnt want her taking them away in case she didnt want me but now she does!

Help!

amirose
28-02-2009, 12:16 PM
I meet them have a chat ask if they have any questions then I say "OK if you want to have a look through my policies and I will just be over here with X (the child!) give me a shout when your ready"

Gives the parent the opportunity to watch you interacting independently with their child and you an opportunity to get to know the child better one on one.

Shar
28-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I send all new parents my policy's by E-mail so they can read them at their leasure. Then ask them to sign a list of all the policy's to say they have read them. Saves on paper and ink too!! :thumbsup:

Bex1
28-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Shar, cool idea, i think I will do that!

anneriddington
28-02-2009, 10:53 PM
I have all of mine copied to a disc which I include in my parents packs. Its nice for parents to have a copy for their reference as well I think

Mollymop
01-03-2009, 12:59 AM
I let my parents look at my policies while they are visiting for the first time. They have a look through while I am playing with the child. They usually only flick through and look at what they want to look at then they sign to say they have read them once they have signed contracts

peanuts
01-03-2009, 06:08 AM
i get them to take them away with them, some just skim through them others want to have a good look. my policy document is 28 pages long so it would take a while to read through it all

rickysmiths
01-03-2009, 11:13 PM
All my parents get their own paper copy of my policies. I feel it is actually very rude to expect them to sign something that they then cannot easily refer to.

I have a parent folder which is a copy of what I give all my new parents when they have signed a contract which they can take home and read before we sign contacts if they want to.

The folder has a bit about the setting.
a copy of my brochure
Sample day
sample menus
a copy of reg cert (number removed)
a copy of latest Ofsted report (number removed)
a blank contract
a blank child info form
a copy of the next of kin form
copy of my policies (a 7 page document)
copy of complaints procedure
a copy of the consents and permissions form
a copy of a reciept
copy of public liability insurance cert
photos address and phone numbers of my emergency carers
a poem about getting dirty

The cost of printing everything, the folder and plastic wallets and the contract is under £3. This is, I feel, a small price to pay considering the fees that parent is going to pay you. Parents can be disorganised and under pressure especially if they are returning to work after having a baby. This is my bit of working with parents.

Having read threads on here about using discs for policies I asked mine which they would prefer and all said paper without hesitation. Sorry - I have 9 families on my books at present and all use computers so that wasn't a factor in wanting paper.

Also having read a lot on here I think the number and length of policies is getting out of hand 28 pages?:eek:

I have a Quality Standard Award only 2 of us in my town (there are about 30 cms ) have it and I have a 7 page document? I feel that that is a lot for parents to read and agree to.:blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 11:16 PM
My policies are all in a folder and the parents look at them whilst I play with the children. I ask them if they want a copy - always No!

anyway - I type up one letter listing the policies and the version number and the parents sign to say that they have read and are happy with them

mummyof3
02-03-2009, 06:19 PM
I mentioned in my policies that I would provide parents a copy of all policies on CD for them to take away. Then I will get them to sign a form to say it had been received and they have read and understood them all. When my ofsted inspector saw this at pre-reg she was very impressed and said that was a great idea - so if its good for ofsted then I guess it must be okay :laughing: :D