PDA

View Full Version : 1st nvq3 observation

sjb2701
27-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi
I am having my first nvq3 observation in a couple of weeks. i have to do a full risk assessment and she wants me to an activity that involves using a risk assessment. i thought about making a mothers day card as the mindee i have that day is only 18months old. any ideas on how to plan an activity as she told it needs to be a written planned activity!!
Help!!!!!!
Thanks
Sarah

MrsT333
27-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi
I'm also doing my nvq3, i started it in sept. for my first obs I done a fire drill. I didnt have to do a written planned acvtivity, although we did make paper crowns, she watched me with the children and how I helped them. I then let the children choose a game and we played that for a while....I covered lots and lots...I have had 3 units signed off now :clapping: ....its hard finding time to do it though,
hope it all goes well...let me know how you get on

samd35
28-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi

I have my assesor coming back on the 11th March to observe but it sounds stupid but she hasn't said anything to me about what she wants me to do just that she will come and observe me for about half an hour. I'm going to ring her and ask.

Sam x

melanieabigail2004
28-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Sam

Sometimes they don't want anything in particular done. I have had three observations and not one have I had to prepare anything - she just wanted to observe me working.

Mel

Roseolivia
28-02-2009, 08:27 AM
When you first start being observed your assessor will probably just observe whatever she sees you doing, after that on each visit she should tell you what p.c's she would like to see covered next time she visits and would maybe expect you to decide on what you can do to cover them. You shouldn't have to answer a lot of knowledge questions as your assessor should be able to cover these in your observations

samd35
28-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks Mel. Was starting to panic a bit.

Sam x

Little Antics
14-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi

The others are right assessors like to observe for the first couple of times - only towards the end might they plan to gather evidence for things that they may not see without a plan.

Also I slightly disagree with purpleolivia - whilst some of the KS can be observed the candidate may be asked the reasoning behind why they do things in a certain way to show their understanding. Some of the KS questions start with a WHY which you need to show the reasoning behind. Particularly hard to show could be the legislative KS and also the developmental requirements within the KS - particularly if you are not working with all the age groups.

Little Antics
14-03-2009, 02:50 PM
OOPs sorry, should have said roseolivia - my apologies to you