PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cooked Spaghetti

Beckinew
27-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how long cooked spaghitti will last for, if I wanted to use it later on during the week or at the weekend, would it last if I stored it and then washed it before using it?

Thanks
Becki

sarah707
27-02-2009, 09:45 AM
I replace it after every use.

It goes all slimy with the starch and there's also the cross contamination issues

Chatterbox Childcare
27-02-2009, 09:47 AM
I would cook a new batch or freeze it.

angeldelight
27-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Yes I would cook it fresh even if there were no issues using it

I bet its horrible when its a few days old yuk yuk

Imagine it all slimy

Angel xx

Beckinew
27-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Thank you everyone! Will chuck it and start again. :-)

Beckinew
27-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Sorry - just thought then - as far as cross contamination goes, does that mean that you make fresh batches of play dough every time you want to use it?

Becki :-)

chaotic_space
27-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Cooked pasta (or rice) should never be reused as both have high risk of cross contamination and harbour as many dangerous bacteria as chicken does. It just isnt worth the risk.

madasahatter
27-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Sorry - just thought then - as far as cross contamination goes, does that mean that you make fresh batches of play dough every time you want to use it?

No you don't need to make a fresh batch of playdough each time. Playdough has such a high salt content most bugs won't survive. The main issue with playdough is that the salt absorbs moisture from the atmosphere and it goes slimy/sticky. I replace mine weekly (occasionally fortnightly depending on hiw much it has been used) so that I can change the colour/smell/texture etc.