View Full Version : Gas etc...i think i may be an idiot

WibbleWobble
26-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Right...i do think i am an idiot but, i pay a fixed amount to the gas/electricity company every month but i only get a bill each quarter. Sometimes i over pay, sometimes i dont. It works out over the 12 months. So.....do i claim a percentage of what i pay each month or do i wait for the the quartely bill...therefore only being able to fill in my accounbts book every three months?

there is probably a simple answer....

mandy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sarah707
26-02-2009, 07:37 PM
If it all evens out over the year then it makes no difference how you put the amounts through.

You can put a % of £10 through for January, a % of £20 for Feb etc... or you can just put a % of the total through when your final bill comes at the end of the year.

At the end of the day, it's about a final annual figure less your %. :D

SmartKids
28-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I pay a fixed amount monthly by dd and I put a % of that through because as you say it works out eventually and then when my 1/4 bill comes through I just put that with my receipts as it shows how much I have been paying and also the amount of the bill that 1/4 - hope this makes sense.

Rubybubbles
28-02-2009, 01:05 PM
I pay mine same amount monthly, so take a % each month

Chatterbox Childcare
28-02-2009, 01:58 PM
I work out how much I have spent over the year, direct debits and any under/overpayments that I have made, and then work the % out.

mum22
01-03-2009, 09:20 AM
same as rubybubbles:thumbsup:

mummyroysof3
08-03-2009, 08:37 AM
what happens if you do different hours though because of mindees leaving starting and hols?

charlotte x

Chatterbox Childcare
08-03-2009, 10:51 AM
what happens if you do different hours though because of mindees leaving starting and hols?

charlotte x

If you didn't have mindees in the holidays divide your yearly bill by 52 and multiply by 39 and take the percentage from that figure.

The IR just needs a figure you can justify and they will be happy with this, otherwise you will be working out monthly figures based on children and the seasons (is it on or off) which is far too complicated.