PDA

View Full Version : EYFS for a 1.5 week old

bubbly
26-02-2009, 07:19 AM
I've got a 1.5 week old baby starting with me next week. The mum is doing college courses so unfortunately doesn't get maternity leave.

How on earth do I do the EYFS with one so young? I'm TOTALLY lost and quite scared by it. How can I do written planning? I haven't got a clue :panic:

PixiePetal
26-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Well I guess craft activities are out then!!!

Guess you have to show you are meeting baby's needs. Feeding,sleeping,keeping safe and noting any developments ?

charlie28
26-02-2009, 07:36 AM
I have got a 11 week old starting end of march. I was going to do daily diarys and any observations when shhas done anything within her development.

huggableshelly
26-02-2009, 07:37 AM
wow so young to be left but understandable too.

Start off with the baby's rough routine as in feeding sleeping changing walks out

then start adding things like mobile play, sharing a book even if its mills and boon (ha ha) have that verbal contact.

gosh I'm trying to remember what I did with mine so small, tv for visual aids lol my daughter loved the eastenders theme! my son loved to watch the bubbles in the fish tank.

Good Luck with one so young, I'm not sure if I could take a newborn on so I take my hat off to you well done

PixiePetal
26-02-2009, 07:42 AM
wow so young to be left but understandable too.

Start off with the baby's rough routine as in feeding sleeping changing walks out

then start adding things like mobile play, sharing a book even if its mills and boon (ha ha) have that verbal contact.

gosh I'm trying to remember what I did with mine so small, tv for visual aids lol my daughter loved the eastenders theme! my son loved to watch the bubbles in the fish tank.

Good Luck with one so young, I'm not sure if I could take a newborn on so I take my hat off to you well done

OOH, I would love a newborn now my own are older. No one round here needs a childminder for one so young :(

My DD loved the washing machine from an early age, not the spin cycle till a bit older than 1.5 weeks though !

huggableshelly
26-02-2009, 07:47 AM
oh yes the washing machine ... wonderful invention and divereted my son from crying for a short while yay, yes my son was a screamer lol bless him.

now he knows how to fill the machine and turn turn the dial too, he still goes back to watch it spin!

huggableshelly
26-02-2009, 07:49 AM
giggles daily diary

child age 2 wks

sat watching the washing machine today found it fascinating so I encouraged his/her visual learning skills by putting another load on. Length of activity 55 minutes.

ok I'm off to get my silly head into gear!

karenandsmile
26-02-2009, 07:53 AM
well with this new extended merternity leave we dont get a look in with the young ones :(

youngest i ever had was a 3week old just for a week while the mum got rushed back into hospital it was bliss

oh and my own but they dont count i cant give them back lol

The other day my 15 month old i care for freaked when the washing machine went on to spin now wont go any where near it and seeing it on route to the playroom might be a problem humm cant really move the washing machine or play room even now when its not on hes pointing at it and screams and wont go past it have to see how it goes may have to move play room in to lounge till he forgets about it

oo i got a thought cover washing machine

breezy
26-02-2009, 08:38 AM
I would keep a diary of babies daily routine, feed, sleep ,poo, feed , sick , wee, sleep etc as well as keeping note of quantity of milk taken etc. write down when you go out for a walk, where baby slept etc then gradually as baby develops you can link it into eyfs.

breezy
26-02-2009, 08:41 AM
giggles daily diary

child age 2 wks

sat watching the washing machine today found it fascinating so I encouraged his/her visual learning skills by putting another load on. Length of activity 55 minutes.

ok I'm off to get my silly head into gear!

next step would be moving onto tumble dryer , followed perhaps by sleeping or kicking about in fresh washed clothes in washing basket, :)

miffy
26-02-2009, 08:43 AM
I would keep a diary of babies daily routine, feed, sleep ,poo, feed , sick , wee, sleep etc as well as keeping note of quantity of milk taken etc. write down when you go out for a walk, where baby slept etc then gradually as baby develops you can link it into eyfs.

I would do the same!

Miffy xx

bubbly
26-02-2009, 08:45 AM
I've always kept diaries for all the minded children so I shall continue to do that with the baby. Other than than, I don't really know what else I can do, apart from observations as the baby develops.

breezy
26-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I've always kept diaries for all the minded children so I shall continue to do that with the baby. Other than than, I don't really know what else I can do, apart from observations as the baby develops.

I really think that is all you can do, good luck

breezy
26-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I would do the same!

Miffy xx

please try not to agree with me, it's scary:laughing:

miffy
26-02-2009, 08:49 AM

That sounds fine to me - add a few photos as you go :)

Miffy xx

bubbly
26-02-2009, 08:54 AM
That sounds fine to me - add a few photos as you go :)

Miffy xx
Yes, I'll do that. Good idea.

I've been so worried but feel a lot better now :)

huggableshelly
26-02-2009, 08:59 AM
next step would be moving onto tumble dryer , followed perhaps by sleeping or kicking about in fresh washed clothes in washing basket, :)

lol its nice to see I'm not the only one with a silly head today nice next steps hee hee

what does this eventually lead onto? domestic help, folding washing future employment yay

breezy
26-02-2009, 07:31 PM
lol its nice to see I'm not the only one with a silly head today nice next steps hee hee

what does this eventually lead onto? domestic help, folding washing future employment yay

hopefully ironing!

bubbly
26-02-2009, 08:11 PM
You're all mad, but I still love you :laughing:

breezy
26-02-2009, 08:15 PM
love you too hun, let us know how it goes with baby :thumbsup: