PDA

View Full Version : pet and vacination

riverhill
25-02-2009, 08:14 PM
hello I am just going o have my 1st inspection I was wondring if any knows if you have cats do you have to have evidence of having jabs??
thanks

Mollymop
25-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi,

I don't have cats but I have a dog and have never had to show his vaccination record to my pre-reg inspector or at my graded inspection.
They never asked.

Princess Sara
25-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I think you should have a risk assesment stating when their jabs, flea treatment etc are but I don't think you need evidence for it.

heth480
25-02-2009, 08:59 PM
I have 2cats and 2dogs and they are all up to date with vacinations worming ect.But i have never been asked for proof and i have been childminding 22yrs.:)

amirose
26-02-2009, 11:49 AM
I am another one who has never been asked (despite both my dogs being up to date :thumbsup: )

hectors house
26-02-2009, 01:20 PM
I know when I did my ICP training they said all cats and dogs should have their injections and you should keep their card or receipts as proof - but I haven't ever been asked - I know childminders who put the receipts through as expenses but I know you shouldn't do that.

Good luck with your inspection

Shar
26-02-2009, 01:34 PM
In my recent inspection I did show the Ofsted inspector my Pet's risk assessment which show's when they were last wormed. This is the main point for parents and inspectors.:thumbsup:

wendywu
26-02-2009, 01:41 PM
I had to prove it when i was inspected for my NCMA Quality Assurance.:)

HomefromHome
26-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I know when I did my ICP training they said all cats and dogs should have their injections and you should keep their card or receipts as proof - but I haven't ever been asked - I know childminders who put the receipts through as expenses but I know you shouldn't do that.

Good luck with your inspection

:eek: like to see the answer ofr the justification of that one!!! lol