PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!! HORRIBLE INSPECTION

cara1235
25-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Oh my god!
had my inspection on monday she was here for 4 and a half hours and i am gutted wanted an outstanding as i have spent so much time and effort on all my paperwork etc and she didnt even look through it all!! she didnt look at my register, accident book, medicine book didnt even look at my parents welcome pack!
next time i am going to make a list of ALL paperwork i have and will get the inspector to tick it when she has looked at it as i think that is only way that i know she has looked at it.
was given a high end good grade so from this inspector i think i should be really happy but still had me in tears and wondering is it worth it.
luckily all my parents are wonderfull and they were as dissappointed as me i have been given wine and chocolate from them and even a homemade card saying they think i am outstanding, so at the end of the day this is what it is all about isnt it ( my inspector didnt even look through my compliments folders,even my parents questionaires she only read the first page of one of them and they have 3 pages and i had 4 for her to see!!)
have been told to complain but dont think it is worth the stress!
next time i am going to tie her down until she looks at everything!!!

sarah707
25-02-2009, 11:18 AM
I am sorry you are upset.

Good is a totally brilliant grade and you should be very proud of yourself!

Don't forget it means you have exceeded a very hard set of requirements.

All inspectors are different - some love paperwork and don't seem to spend much time watching the children play etc while others aren't that bothered about the paperwork side or are happy with the bits they do look at that the rest is good too...

Was there anything specific she said that you disagree about that you wanted to complain?

It sounds like you have lovely parents. Listen to them... and well done again! :clapping:

Daftbat
25-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I am so sorry you feel down but really there is no need. Good is a great grading and as sarah says shows you are totally in tune with what needs doing and what your kids need. Your parents are the ones who appreciate you and they sound fantastic - get them to talk to mine re wine etc!!!!

Give yourself a big pat on the back you are great!:thumbsup:

cuddlybunny38
25-02-2009, 11:41 AM
you sound like me, I also got a good when I had mine but felf so deflated as she moaned about things i could change then when I got the report there was nothing in it and was ok. you will feel better soon x

flora
25-02-2009, 11:53 AM
So sorry your inspection didn't go how you would have liked.

If it's any consolation you are not the only one on here that has felt this way.

As Sarah says no two inpsecters are the same.

If you feel very strongly complain. Ask for a re inspection.

Will you be happy to let it lie or will it eat at you??

At the end of the day my grade means nothing to my parents who love what I do, but I wanted better.

Hope you feel better soon babe :thumbsup:

donnahay0
25-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Firstly I would like to say a huge WELL DONE for getting good on your inspection - it sounds like you put in a lot of effort and like everybody else says this is a fantastic grade to receive especially as Ofsted have really upped the standards. It is a shame she didn't look at all the paperwork you had for her to see.

Perhaps you should wait and see how your report reads and if there is anything she has put that you disagree with then you can challenge it.

Also, like everyone else has said, your parents are the ones that really matter and they are judging you over a longer period of time, through thick and thin and they know if their children are happy or not - this is what matters most to them and they are obviously over the moon with you which definately makes you an outstanding childminder - so concentrate on that and feel proud of yourself.

Over tha past 8 years most of my children have come to me from recommendations of parents whose children are or have been with me and NOT from an Ofsted report.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

nell57
25-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Well done with your inspection:clapping:

I know how you're feeling though, I had mine in Jan and got good in all areas. After she had left I was also disappointed, even my Development officer had since said, reading my report, she surprised I didn't get some areas outstanding.

I have got over the disappointment now though and celebrated the grade I got, and happy to build on what I do for the benefit of the children and their parents.

Well done again:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
25-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I am satisfactory for now. At last inspection I did not have enough 'evidence' ie written policies, sample menu etc.

Due for inspection whenever under EYFS and hope to be more prepared. Been minding for over 14 years, busier than ever and one on waiting list so I know I am fine and so do the parents. Dreading it still as I can't drop any lower :( .
Coming on this site has helped no end. Not quite organised yet but getting there :D

LOOPYLISA
25-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Well done x :thumbsup:

peanuts
25-02-2009, 12:59 PM
well done on your good grade

charlie28
25-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Well done on your Good grade.

Shar
25-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Well done!! Fantastic result.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

cara1235
25-02-2009, 01:14 PM
thanks guys , i think you are right i should be happy and will just wait to see what she has put in the report.
just to let you know i have found this site a godsend!
xx

desiderata
25-02-2009, 01:25 PM
This happened to me on my last inspection she just sat up a corner and wanted everything delivered to the settee then wasnt interested. When I said I was on a Network and a support minder her answer was Oh you think your better than everyone else do you. various other things happened too and I complained when she had gone I was ready for packing it in Well when my report came it read well and I got good in everything which was the best I could at the time. Im still waiting for them this time they rang me 2 sundays ago and havent got here yet. Im dreading it.!!!!

I think to get Good is great but I can understand the dissapointment too dwe all want to do our best dont we. Hugs and congratulations on a Good tho. have some chocs and wine and youll feel better. xxxx

I agree about this site its fantastic!!! wish Id found it sooner x:clapping:

karenandsmile
25-02-2009, 06:26 PM
We have an inspector in our area that only gives satifactory to anyone she picks holes in everything we all complained and she got took out of our area but i have now heard she is back after not being around for a year and yes the last inspection she gave was a satisfactory to the childminder dismay so when she comes to me next year im ready for her lol

i now have all my risk assesments in place and my shed is now saftey glassed (though i have had two previous inspectors who never said a word about my shed glass!!!)
so on health and saftey i got satisfactory and on paper work i got that too !!! the rest where all goods but i only got a satifactory over all after 14 years of childminding getting goods everytime this ofsted inspector has made a lot of childminders give up childminding i will not be beaten!!!

just have to get all this EYFS into place as im still in the stepping stones and when i was NVQ trained eyfs wasnt even invented

Though if she comes to me again i think i will be very disheartened as knowing her grades whats the point of trying if she wont give you the marks !

Chatterbox Childcare
25-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Well done on your good

Did she give you some action points?

I think a lot of minders get good and then don't complain but I personally feel that if you are not happy, complain and have another inspection.

Mollymop
25-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Well done you!! Good is an excellent grade to get!

tammys-tots
25-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Well done on your good

Did she give you some action points?

I think a lot of minders get good and then don't complain but I personally feel that if you are not happy, complain and have another inspection.
I would complain 2, cus they dont always re - inspect you anyway! if you think you should have got an higher grade and you were meeting the welfare requirements then put it in writing and send evidence
well done anyway!
Tammy

patevans
25-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I recently had a horrible inspection, I was downgraded from a good to satisfactory. I waited for my report to come then appealed the bits that I wasn't happy with.

jeanybeany
25-02-2009, 09:16 PM
I know exactly how you feel. Look on the positive side GOOD is an excellent grade. It is very disheartening when you have worked really hard.

My inspection left me feeling disheartened and angry as I felt it was so unfair because on one of my accident forms I hadn't noticed that the parent had not dated it and he said I would have got an outstanding if it was not for that. The annoying thing was though that he didn't even put that for a reccommendation, he put that I should have star charts. You could tell from the daily diary that the parent had the form on the same day as that's where it was in the folder. I didn't feel confident enough to challenge his decision. Also he rang in the morning and half an hour later he was on my doorstep!:(

In the grand scheme of things it's how the parents feel about you that matters, stand tall and be proud of yourself:)

angeldelight
25-02-2009, 10:26 PM
I agree with everyone else here

You did really well

At least its over now and the parents know you are fab so forget about it and congratulate yourself on how good you are

What do ofsted know anyway half of the time

Well done to you

Angel xx

beerheaven
25-02-2009, 11:44 PM
You have done really well to get a good! :clapping:
I can sympathise with how you feel. After all the hard work you have done, it is only natural to feel a little deflated.
To date I have never had a prospective parent ask to read my OFSTED report. Honestly I believe that a minority of parents find them helpful in their choice of childcare provider. All my mindees come from recommendation.
At the end of the day we are all running businesses. If the parents are happy, which they sound very much so, then you are doing an outstanding job!

chaotic_space
26-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Getting a good means you are a GOOD CHILDMINDER! I know its disappointing when you worked so hard and really wanted outstanding.

I got outstanding in all but 2 areas but that isn't outstanding over all so I got good. It really depends on who you get, what mood they are in, if they slept well, have indigestion....... :rolleyes:

murphyslaw
26-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Well done on getting a good grade.....:)

Laura x

LYN L
26-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Well done. Be proud. :clapping: I know how you feel, i had my inspection in Jan and got a good overall with outstanding for Keeping children safe and working in partnership. So when anyone asks i always say i got Overall Good with 2 outstanding. I think both those outstandings are important for new parents as they then feel their kiddies are coming into a safe environment.

Also my inspector told me that the grades are so much harder to achieve because of the changes and alot of childminders are moving down a grade. So look at it as an excellent grade. :littleangel: Dont put yourself down, your kiddies and parents are the important ones. :welldone: