PDA

View Full Version : Going through old portfolio. Help!

tigger
23-02-2009, 01:24 PM
:panic:

Just looking at changing my portfolio into the EYFS and need some help. Do you only put policies and procedures in your portfolio as I've got other stuff in mine that after looking at Sarah707's website i'm not sure it should really be in there.e.g., leaflets on car safety, driving licence, mot cert, copies of blank NCMA forms that are used to collect info on the children. Any help will be greatfully received as I really feel as if I don't actually know what I am doing anymore!:(

helenlc
23-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Why dont you set it our for EYFS and then put any extras in the back under General Information, for example.

Its up to you what you have in yours as General Information. I have a leaflet about Tax Credits, also one about infectious diseases so they know from the start that there are sicknesses that i wont accomodate. I also have a couple of pages listing, some with pictures, of some of the activities we do.

I have my MOT, car insurance in there with my Public Liability, First Aaid, copy of Registration certificate.

I need to re-jig mine to be in a different order ie for EYFS but cant bring myself to dfo it just yet!! I am scared of finding policies I might have missed out, then sending copies out to current parents and getting them to sign things again!

Just had a stressful half term and need a few days before I can tackle anything else!!

sarah707
23-02-2009, 03:03 PM
The ECM pages on my website just show you you can set out your policies and procedures in the 5 agendas...

I have those in one folder... accident, incident, medication etc forms in another folder... personal development stuff in another... risk assessments and all my car stuff in another...

Then I have my portfolio for everything else. :D

karenandsmile
23-02-2009, 05:05 PM
sarah have you ever thought of setting up and just going round to setting and doing the paperwork for us obviously at a charge i for one would have it im fed up with all the paper work after re doing all my policies adding up to 9567 words!!!!!!!! and a whole weekend doing them all, now im heading in to the risk assesment department and have managed an outstanding 5 risk assesments so far just knowing how far to go and what risk assesments we need is beyond me
so far i have done:

going to the park
walking to school
the back garden
day trips out general
traverling in the car

if anyone would like to add to the list of what they think we need then please feel free

estrelas
23-02-2009, 05:52 PM
i'll be the first customer please sarah:)

sarah707
23-02-2009, 06:11 PM
:laughing: A day out in Chester sounds like a great idea ke30! :D

I used to love my job in London travelling around troubleshooting and going to different companies sorting them out... a long time ago now though! I think I'll stay here and look after my mindees now... not sure I've enough energy any more! :panic:

Those risk assessments sound fine Karen... just think about all the places you go and make sure you cover them. A minder got picked up the other day in an inspection for not doing a RA for a regular Friday outing. Yes they will all be similar, just make sure they are there :D

karenandsmile
24-02-2009, 08:05 AM
thanks sarah i will get some more done tomorrow as i have to work today!!!! lol you sure you dont want to get a full time job sorting us lot out lol and get paid for it lol

im just wondering with all this paper work have we got time to look after the children as well lol.