PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY PLAN - HELP PLEASE!!

misst104
21-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I have got nearly all my policies and procedures in place but am having trouble knowing what to put in my emergency plan. As far as I understood it from our ICP course and the early years lady who came round, this is not just fire evacuation but what you would do in any emergency situation. I think thats a bit open-ended and wondered if anyone has an emergency plan they would be willing to share with me.

Am getting in such a pickle about this :panic: have got a Stress headache :(

I would be so grateful to anyone who could help :)

Cammie Doodle
21-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Have you looked on Bromley's web site they may have something you could adapt for your own setting :idea:

misst104
21-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Have you looked on Bromley's web site they may have something you could adapt for your own setting :idea:

Yes! They have an energency evacuation plan but am not sure if this is sufficiant?????

I have got an emergency evacuation policy but wasn't sure if thats all I need. Do you all think this is the same as an emergency plan????:confused:

rickysmiths
21-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I have explained what I would do if one of the mindees had to go to hospital, there was a fire or other problem that meant evacuating my home, that I was taken ill. or that there was another event such as the bombings in London where parents could not use mobile phones and could not move out of London for hours, or indeed if the worst thing of all happened.

I have linked with two nieghbours and a childminder who could either take all or some of the children between them and call parents to collect etc. They are all CRB checked but this , although good, is not necessairy in an emergency situation. I give parents photographs of all the emergency carers and their phone numbers and addresses.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

sarah707
21-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Good advice from Ricky there. Mine is pretty much the same :D

misst104
22-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Another thing to get written up this afternoon. I'm suffocating in paperwork and my OH is wondering if I have left him !!!!!! :laughing:

angeldelight
27-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Another thing to get written up this afternoon. I'm suffocating in paperwork and my OH is wondering if I have left him !!!!!! :laughing:

Think I have already suffocated haha

Angel xx

misst104
27-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Think I have already suffocated haha

Angel xx

Whats that Angel???? Can't quite hear you.........!! AM GOING UNDER...........................!!!!!!

HELP :D