PDA

View Full Version : Drug Policy

Delly
01-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Hiya, I'm new !
I'm just in the process of getting registered, sent all my docs off to OFSTED yesterday so am now madly trying to complete my policy docs before they call me !.. Yikees!!!

Someone has mentioned to me that you need to do a drug/alcohol policy, which states something along the lines of

"If I am prescribed medication, other than routine antibiotics I must inform Ofsted who will make a decision as to whether I can continue to mind whilst taking them"

Is this true? can anyone let me know please, as I really don't want to mess this up.
Cheers

LittleMissSparkles
01-02-2008, 01:09 PM
yes that is true x

welcome to the forum why dont you go and introduce yourself in the new members area 'Hello'

xxxx

Delly
01-02-2008, 01:14 PM
thanks susan ! :) I might just do that now ! :)

angeldelight
01-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Yes

Come and say hello in the hello section so everyone knows who they are speaking to

Welcome I am sure you are going to love it here

Angel xx

avril
01-02-2008, 01:16 PM
I've been minding for nearly 5yrs and not heard of that one, better get one typed up asap as Ofsted are coming nxt wk or wk after I've just had the call today, fingers crossed :(

Avril :laughing:

Spangles
01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I've never heard of that before!

We have to ring Ofsted every time we're prescribed something other than antibiotics is that right?

No way! That's surely none of their business? Where does it say you have to do this? OMG, there must be loads of stuff like that that I don't know about.

sarah707
01-02-2008, 03:35 PM
There's one on www.bromleycma.org.uk

Yes it's right about the medication - they want to know if we are on drugs as it might affect our capacity to do our jobs! :eek:

Spangles
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Do they think that we have no common sense? If we're that dim we shouldn't be minding in the first place!

Crikey, things are just getting sillier and I'm getting really fed up with it!

(Thank you though Sarah for your reply!)

avril
01-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I know what I'm doing tonight ofsted are coming either mon, tue or wed am nxt wk they rang me at 7.10pm tonight:(

Avril :laughing:

Spangles
01-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't expect them to call me that late! That's worrying!

Delly
01-02-2008, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=Lorri;43043]Do they think that we have no common sense? If we're that dim we shouldn't be minding in the first place!

Crikey, things are just getting sillier and I'm getting really fed up with it!

I AGREE !! and haven't even started yet !! lol :laughing:
What i want to know is when do we look after the kids, blimey with all these policies, its insane !!!!!

I've managed to bring 2 kids up without any trouble...

Pipsqueak
02-02-2008, 10:23 AM
I tell ya, its enough to start considering a life of being high!!!! ;) ;) :D

Mollymop
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Hi Ya Delly,
try not to worry about all the documents before your pre reg as they don't even worry looking into them. I tried to show my inspector yesturday and she said, it's ok that I will have to show them the next time I have my inspection but not now.
I was gutted as I was like you and got it all ready before she came and she didn't even wanna know! Doh!!!!!!!!:(

sarah707
02-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi Ya Delly,
try not to worry about all the documents before your pre reg as they don't even worry looking into them. I tried to show my inspector yesturday and she said, it's ok that I will have to show them the next time I have my inspection but not now.
I was gutted as I was like you and got it all ready before she came and she didn't even wanna know! Doh!!!!!!!!:(

That just shows how inconsistent they are doesn't it? Most inspectors would have been soooo impressed! :rolleyes:

deeb66
02-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi Ya Delly,

That is such a shame Sandra....especially as you had spent so much time working on them.

As Sarah says it is shame about the inconsistencies of the inspectors.