PDA

View Full Version : Mindee aged 6 .....

nicole_kirsty
19-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi

Can anyone help!!!!

I have a mindee that is 6years old, so obviously not in the EYFS. But can you tell me what ofsted will want to see? Any obs, planning, what eaten etc??? I'm doing risk assessments for her, and got her parents to sign my forms but just wondering exactly what is they are looking for!

Hope that doesnt sound like i'm too thick, just want to get it right!!!! :eek:

Any help really appreciated!

Nicole x

FizzysFriends
20-02-2009, 08:32 AM
I have a 6yr old mindee and I have the usual policies and permissions. I don't do obvs or anything like that. I just do 2 things, a diary that has a comment about what she did when with me (because mom has asked me to help with homework so make a comment on if we did it or we just played), also what snacks have been given. There is a space for parents to write comments. The other thing is a scrap book that I allowed mindee to put stuff in aswell as me so I will give her the camera and she will take pics to go in it and make a comment and there are colourings, a family tree, about her friends etc in there.

Mollymop
20-02-2009, 08:37 AM
when I had my inspection in November my inspector said that she would like to see some evidence of the over 5's learning and doing things in my setting. I said that I didn't think she would need to see it. BUt she said she would be really impressed if I did have something.
So I was glad that I had bothered doing the older ones a scrapbook each with photos in and artwork, etc.
So keep all their artwork and photos in a scrapbook just incase. x

janey81
20-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I have always looked after over 5's more (its just the way its worked out for me)

I have a folder for each child with contracts, contact details, an "all about me", which the child and/or parent has filled in, then I just keep a daily log of what we did that day, how the child felt i.e happy, sad, tired, what they had for snack, any comments etc, I sometimes put photos in there as to what they have done. The parents all seem to like it.

Jane

Shar
20-02-2009, 04:56 PM
I also let the over 5's keep a holiday/ artwork folder that they can put any photo's, drawings, work etc... in. My inspector was very impressed as I told her that it helps all the children feel included.:thumbsup:

Dotty
20-02-2009, 05:00 PM
:p That's great to know that I am planning to do what has just been mentioned.

At the moment I have a 6 and a 7 year old. I plan to let them take photos of anything they do and make a scrap book - with their own comments.

I am also making a note in a book of what we did during after school - just in case anyone needs to know or wants to!!

tammys-tots
20-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi

Can anyone help!!!!

I have a mindee that is 6years old, so obviously not in the EYFS. But can you tell me what ofsted will want to see? Any obs, planning, what eaten etc??? I'm doing risk assessments for her, and got her parents to sign my forms but just wondering exactly what is they are looking for!

Hope that doesnt sound like i'm too thick, just want to get it right!!!! :eek:

Any help really appreciated!

Nicole x
Hi, if you are on the early years register then ofsted will inspect you the same whether you have children under 5 or not, you just have to show that you are meeting the requirements for the other registers you are on.
So i would say just show her everything you would do if you had that age group, so you are demonstrating that you understand whats required under the EYFS.
Tammy