PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessment - just a thought

FizzysFriends
19-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Something to ponder over.

Was out with my auntie yestarday (she runs wrap around care for 3-11yrs at a school) she was saying she has just been doing some extra risk assessments. 1 for her as she has a disability and needs to factor this in when evacuating. 2. for children with special needs that need extra care/help/equipment when evacuating.

Worth thinking about if either of these are relavent.

sarah707
19-02-2009, 10:05 PM
If you looked after a child with disabilities you would definitely need to cover this.

However, if you don't it would be difficult... what disability do you write about?? Would you do flashing fire alarms for a deaf child or a ramp at each door for a wheelchair user? Would you think about a clear floor exit for a partially sighted child or something to calm a child with autism who hates loud noises and can't cope with the smoke alarms going off so goes and hides?

I think this might be something best picked up if or when you take on a child with disabilities and need to risk assess via your fire escape practices :D

FizzysFriends
19-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I ment if you had something this would relate to, which is what I ment by the is relevant (oops spelt it wrong).

sarah707
20-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Sorry Fizzy did I get the wrong end of the stick?? It was late :o

angeldelight
20-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry Fizzy did I get the wrong end of the stick?? It was late :o

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Must admit I thought the same Sarah ha

Angel xx

huggableshelly
21-02-2009, 07:46 AM
removes all sticks and hands out teddies to hug instead :cool: