PDA

View Full Version : dont ya just love freecycle!

HomefromHome
19-02-2009, 05:37 PM
lol - have had fab stuff from there - usual bits, books, buggies (single and double) but now i have just 'won'....

an apple tree!!!!!!!! pmsl

said i was a childminder and we were going to be planting fruit seeds soon so thought it would be good to see what it eventually would look like (trying lychee seed pods too!!!).

hehehehehehehehe:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

tammerisk
19-02-2009, 05:50 PM
i think it is great i was thinking about bidding for that but decided against it as i have just got rid of all my tree out of my garden.

i get rid of loads of junk and stuff that is cluttering up my home

Annie_T
19-02-2009, 07:50 PM
yep love freecycle ..just not when you dont get what you ask for but all part of the game x

sarah707
19-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Goodness it sounds like you can get anything on Freecycle. I really must pay it more attention.

Don't forget to risk assess the windfall apples because they are a wasp risk... a friend got caught by this one on her inspection and it went on her report that she was failing to keep children safe.

huggableshelly
20-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm not quick enpugh wit freecycle and not managed to get anything yet.

PixiePetal
20-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I have just emailed someone about an Ikea filing cabinet for DD's room.

Waiting for reply now !

miss mopple
20-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I picked up a fab Fisher Price Little People funfair today :clapping:

Have had tons of stuff through freecycle. Love it :D

Tatia
21-02-2009, 07:45 AM
I've given and received much on Freecycle. It's fantastic. I'm listing my foot spa today. It's only been used once in the 4 years I've had it.

The only thing that bugs me are the people who really take the P and ask for things like cars, laptops and yes, even mobile homes!!! No kidding, those have been requests on our local Freecycle. :rolleyes:

Oh and the people who take any and everything as soon as it's listed and are probably reselling it at boot sales. I'd rather give my things to someone who really wants/needs it.

little treasure
20-04-2010, 10:08 AM
what is this freecycle that you are talking about and how do i join or find it :clapping:

Mookins
20-04-2010, 07:15 PM
My name is jennie and I am a freecycle fan...weve had a chest freezer, double wardrobe (made into a house for chameleon, toys,books all sorts

have given loads too

its to help pass on unwanted items to save filling landfills

x x

Annie_T
21-04-2010, 10:46 AM
thats cool. i do like freecycle- i just gave away most of my bedroom furniture on there lol (redecorating from scratch)

but we do get some right funny people on there- they ask for item inpolitly, leave a number - call me to arrange collection, can you deliver etc - no please or thankyou's

(admin been sending out mass notes to all members about it)

but overall its a good system x

Ticktoria
21-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Another freecycle fanatic! Got lots of fab stuff and got rid of loads!

Can't believe people ask for huge things for cars. But I did a very cheeky request recently and asked for some 16th Edition wiring regs (hubby lost his :angry: ) they're £60 new so thought I post a cheeky request and amazingly we got a set :eek:

caz3007
21-04-2010, 11:51 AM
recently I have had 3 ride on toys for the garden, one was a fabby trike that was like new