PDA

View Full Version : confused on learning journeys

sue
18-02-2009, 09:21 PM
can any help me on learning learning journeys still very confused what Ofsted are looking for, have two full timers one 8 months other 4 years and goes to nursery in mornings 5 days a week. l have information from parents in where they are at at home, nursery only gives me limited information due to confidentally!!!!!!!! :angry: they do not want to share information tried a number of times and sent letter in from child's mother l think l have mastered observation and doing this about 4 times a month on each child if something specail happens then do that as well. done planing short and long term for older child. and routines and activives for younger one. But finding learning Journey difficult although l have read up on this still need it simplifed can anyone help please Ofsted inspection due in few weeks and l am panicing.

Ripeberry
19-02-2009, 07:27 PM
The nursery should be sharing info with you, its part of EYFS! Tell them that different settings have to share info and make sure you speak to the manager if you still get blanked.

sarah707
19-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Your learning journeys do not have to be complicated!

You can put in pictures the child has drawn, photos of the chidl's lego creations or clay modelling, notes about what parents say or child says happened elsewhere... things like that.

Then you need to add your observations, linked to the Eyfs and showing next steps... these are really important but you do not need to do them every day, just every so often so they build up into a nice book of memories.

Simplify things and make them more realistic for what you can fit in during the day and do things when the children are playing.

Hth :D

sue
19-02-2009, 09:53 PM
thank Sarah

so if l am doing observations and taking photos and collecting some the 4yrs olds drawing, art etc, adding next step and showing comunication with parents this and put it in a folder then this is class as learning journey if this is so think l have done it :clapping: :clapping: Pleasessssssssss say l have my head is spinning and becomming overloaded.

sarah707
19-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Sounds like you are definitely going in the right direction!

Just keep it consistent at a page every 2 or 3 weeks so it builds up over time. Keep looking back at what you have written and remember to show that where you have put next steps you refer to them again...

It's not about reams of documentation, it's about showing a child's progression through the Eyfs... and how brilliant you are because you are supporting that progression :D

Bananabrain
19-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry Sarah ,know I'm butting in.

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do posts about learning journeys. They've really helped me too and made me feel that what I've done so far isn't complete nonsense.:laughing:

sarah707
20-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Sorry Sarah ,know I'm butting in.

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do posts about learning journeys. They've really helped me too and made me feel that what I've done so far isn't complete nonsense.:laughing:

Of course it's not!

The majority of people are doing a great job they just need a bit more confidence. xx

angeldelight
20-02-2009, 08:57 PM
thank Sarah

so if l am doing observations and taking photos and collecting some the 4yrs olds drawing, art etc, adding next step and showing comunication with parents this and put it in a folder then this is class as learning journey if this is so think l have done it :clapping: :clapping: Pleasessssssssss say l have my head is spinning and becomming overloaded.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Well done to you

you can relax now

Angel xx